• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 07:41:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,348
  • Total Topics: 18,542
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 757
Total: 757

generator

Started by LizStreithorst, November 23, 2015, 08:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I am not ready to go >:(  It won't run if I don't have a key and I never got a key!   I expected to hear back from the seller today but so far I have not.  I'll give them one more day before I file a complaint with Ebay.

Sellers must be swamped this time of year.  I have three working dehumidifiers, two of which I offered to send back if he would send pick up.  I haven't heard back.  A neighbor bought an electric scooter for one of her kids and it arrived broken.  They sent her another and told her to keep the broken one that can be fixed.  Since when is it easier to let go of hundred of dollars of merchandise easier than taking things back for the cost of shipping? 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

You might start trying to get a hold of the manufacturer and get a new key....even if he sends you one, you'll have a spare if needed...give em a call on their 800#....google should have it, or their web page......'parts'  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't think so.  It is the seller's responsibility to make this right.  If I don't hear back from them tomorrow I will complain to EBay. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 14, 2015, 06:45:44 PM
I don't think so.  It is the seller's responsibility to make this right.  If I don't hear back from them tomorrow I will complain to EBay.

..but you still won't have a key, complaining to ebay might get you a breach of sale?...or money back...yada yada....but no 'noo-kie'...LOL

I'm just thinking proactive....get the thing where it will run, if ya need it...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I imagine you're right.  I'll see if I hear from the seller tomorrow.  It will be faster if I go straight to the manufacturer. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 14, 2015, 06:56:20 PM
I imagine you're right.  I'll see if I hear from the seller tomorrow.  It will be faster if I go straight to the manufacturer.

cool, my thought was why deal without because of a snafu......I hope he answers tho.... ;D

All I found was the whole ignition assembly... huh...maybe a call would uncover just a key??

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Duromax+Generator+ignition+key&rmvSB=true&_sop=12&_fspt=1&LH_ItemCondition=3&_mPrRngCbx=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XDuromax+Generator+spare+ignition+key.TRS0&_nkw=Duromax+Generator+spare+ignition+key&_sacat=0
Jon

LizStreithorst

I have a sneaky feeling that the same key fits all.  God knows I don't want to have to get involved in a parts replacement job that I will have to learn how to do by doing it.  My fingers are crossed for a reply tomorrow.  The small frustrations of life are what whupp my arse.  I can handle the big bad stuff.  Strange....

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 14, 2015, 07:22:32 PM
I have a sneaky feeling that the same key fits all.  God knows I don't want to have to get involved in a parts replacement job that I will have to learn how to do by doing it.  My fingers are crossed for a reply tomorrow.  The small frustrations of life are what whupp my arse.  I can handle the big bad stuff.  Strange....

If any of your local stores sell these generators, ask them to order you one.....they may even have an extra for some reason??...might be worth a call??..
Jon

big b

I hope you find a way to lift it.

LizStreithorst

big b

It's 158 pounds you said, so I am assuming it's pretty heavy.

LizStreithorst

I got the wheels on.  It involved lifting but not too much.  Once the wheels were on I moved it to where it will live.  My problem is that I cant run the thing because they didn't send the bloody key >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

big b

You're giving him til tomorrow to get back to you right?

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

..any news from the generator guy?
Jon