• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:22:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 295
Total: 295

generator

Started by LizStreithorst, November 23, 2015, 08:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Do y'all think that this one will work?  It's the least expensive one :-[  All I need to run is my air pump, water pump, dehumidifier, an oil filled space heater, a light or 2, and my freezer and fridge. http://www.lowes.com/pd_470233-24212-6431_1z0x2na__?productId=50013592&pl=1
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 23, 2015, 08:55:18 AM
Do y'all think that this one will work?  It's the least expensive one :-[  All I need to run is my air pump, water pump, dehumidifier, an oil filled space heater, a light or 2, and my freezer and fridge. http://www.lowes.com/pd_470233-24212-6431_1z0x2na__?productId=50013592&pl=1

found this...

http://www.reviewportablegenerators.com/generac-portable-generators/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Wow Mugs.  You just saved me a ton of money.  I'll go looking around ebay for adehumidifier and dewalt flashlight too.  Thanks!

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Too late.  I bought the Generac. 

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

LizStreithorst

I found a good deal on a dehumidifier and the DeWalt flash light, too.  Saved money and a trip into Lowes.  I'll have to put up with a dripping ceiling for a bit longer but I've been putting up with it for a couple of weeks now anyway.   this is the dehumidifier I choose.  Christmas is coming early this year ;D http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frigidaire-FAD504DWD-Energy-Star-50-Pint-Portable-Dehumidifier-/301562526280?hash=item463686fa48:g:khEAAOSwPcVVwFRG

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 23, 2015, 11:05:18 AM
I found a good deal on a dehumidifier and the DeWalt flash light, too.  Saved money and a trip into Lowes.  I'll have to put up with a dripping ceiling for a bit longer but I've been putting up with it for a couple of weeks now anyway.   this is the dehumidifier I choose.  Christmas is coming early this year ;D http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frigidaire-FAD504DWD-Energy-Star-50-Pint-Portable-Dehumidifier-/301562526280?hash=item463686fa48:g:khEAAOSwPcVVwFRG

Nice..it should have a nipple for running a hose right to the drain too....I run mine that way....never have to empty it..
Jon

LizStreithorst

It does.  that is a necessity.  I run mine out the pet door.  When my carpenter comes I'll have him drill a hole through the wall for it.

Ron Sower

Can't that water be used for water changes?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 23, 2015, 02:02:37 PM

Some do..but it will contain the air pollutants, etc.....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 23, 2015, 02:04:07 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on November 23, 2015, 02:02:37 PM

Some do..but it will contain the air pollutants, etc.....

that makes good sense to me
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It should be as good as RO.  I tried it with my pairs.  At first I thought that it was fine.  After many weeks I started to see a difference in my pairs.  I can't put my finger on it but something just didn't seem right...It should be good to use but I don't trust it.