• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:24:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 331
Total: 331

generator

Started by LizStreithorst, November 23, 2015, 08:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 11, 2015, 01:32:37 PM
It's here ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

...Great !!!...just in time for your storms too... |^|....what's her name?....Gladys?.....as in 'glad-ass' ?  nyuk nyuk nyuk... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't know what I'll name it yet.  I don't even know yet if it's male or female.  I have a feeling that it will be male.

I won't name it Gladys.  Gladys was my number one dog for 14 years.  She was a 3 legged one eyed Pitt Bull.  She got cancer and I had to have her put to sleep.  Her nick names were Gladys Happy Bottom and Gladys Waggin'ass.  She had a shortish tail and when she wagged her whole butt would go back and forth.

I hope I got it unloaded today...still lots of time...but I took myself out for an early meal and ate more than I ever eat.  I need a nap now :-[
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 11, 2015, 03:34:36 PM
I don't know what I'll name it yet.  I don't even know yet if it's male or female.  I have a feeling that it will be male.

I won't name it Gladys.  Gladys was my number one dog for 14 years.  She was a 3 legged one eyed Pitt Bull.  She got cancer and I had to have her put to sleep.  Her nick names were Gladys Happy Bottom and Gladys Waggin'ass.  She had a shortish tail and when she wagged her whole butt would go back and forth.

I hope I got it unloaded today...still lots of time...but I took myself out for an early meal and ate more than I ever eat.  I need a nap now :-[

Machines/motors are female...Jan's aunt Gladys was called 'happy bottoms' too....you're right, that name won't do....possibly something like 'Martha'  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I got it unloaded and unpacked.  I had to remove a block of wood and a metal shipping brace and the brace was on so tight I couldn't budge it with my little 10mm wrench.  It's getting dark and I won't be able to see well enough to root around in the tool box for a socket and extension.  I'll do it tomorrow.

No owner's manual (?) and more importantly, no key :o

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 11, 2015, 05:22:45 PM
I got it unloaded and unpacked.  I had to remove a block of wood and a metal shipping brace and the brace was on so tight I couldn't budge it with my little 10mm wrench.  It's getting dark and I won't be able to see well enough to root around in the tool box for a socket and extension.  I'll do it tomorrow.

No owner's manual (?) and more importantly, no key :o

The key is either in the manual packet, or taped to the unit itself....

Manual.....http://www.manualslib.com/manual/617229/Duromax-Xp4400e.html
Jon

LizStreithorst

I looked it up and found that out.  Unfortunately  it arrived without an owners manual  >:(

LizStreithorst

I have contacted the seller :(

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

I hope the power doesn't go out Sunday.  they say it's going to be bad :(

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 11, 2015, 06:02:28 PM
I hope the power doesn't go out Sunday.  they say it's going to be bad :(

See if a local generator repair show has a 'temp' fix to run it??....worth a phone call try...jump it??
Jon

Mugwump

..and look through the crate/box again...under it?....stuck to the packaging??....inside pkg slip envelope taped on the side??...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'll look again when it's light out. 

LizStreithorst

No key :(  I had to wait until I put the wheel kit on to know for very very sure.  It was behind Charlotte sitting on it's box which I had taken apart.  It's too heavy for me just to lift up and move until I got the wheels on.  After I moved it I looked on both sides of everything an there was no key.  It must have been in with the owners manual which wasn't sent either.  Oh well, I expect to hear from the seller Monday.

LizStreithorst

And you should have seen the pictures and instructions that came with the wheel kit.  The instructions were worthless and the pics were so bad you couldn't tell anything from them.  It was obvious where the handles had to go.  Once I saw that I was able to look at the other parts and figure it out on my own.  They sent a cheapo 15mm wrench with it but if I hadn't had a 1/2" ratchet and a 10 mm socket I couldn't have done it.

I won't be able to name it until I crank it up and put it into use.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 13, 2015, 11:16:54 AM
And you should have seen the pictures and instructions that came with the wheel kit.  The instructions were worthless and the pics were so bad you couldn't tell anything from them.  It was obvious where the handles had to go.  Once I saw that I was able to look at the other parts and figure it out on my own.  They sent a cheapo 15mm wrench with it but if I hadn't had a 1/2" ratchet and a 10 mm socket I couldn't have done it.

I won't be able to name it until I crank it up and put it into use.

..at least you're ready to go....I have those instructions that come with 'their' tools.....cheap one use tools....if they work at all...
Jon