• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 11:40:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 772
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 759
Total: 759

All I think about is cars

Started by LizStreithorst, January 20, 2016, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Their's is a POP.  The ones that I want are Abarth's.  They may look the same but one is a very good car and the other is a very good sports car.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Dang. Six pages of my car stuff ::)  I really need to become less obsessed.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 01, 2016, 03:18:22 PM
Dang. Six pages of my car stuff ::)  I really need to become less obsessed.

LOL...........

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Thanks Mug.  You just made my obsession more powerful.  Much appreciated but what I need to relax about it. 

Here's the black one with low mileage that my heart longs for.  The guy dropped the price to $12,995.  The car has has net yet sold. JR says that he should give me 2 grand for The Beast.  If the dealer does that I can buy the Abarth.  If not, then not.  I am on pins and needles. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 01, 2016, 04:24:40 PM
Thanks Mug.  You just made my obsession more powerful.  Much appreciated but what I need to relax about it. 

Here's the black one with low mileage that my heart longs for.  The guy dropped the price to $12,995.  The car has has net yet sold. JR says that he should give me 2 grand for The Beast.  If the dealer does that I can buy the Abarth.  If not, then not.  I am on pins and needles.

,,,Tell them you need need the $2k for the beast...and at that price too.....you'll get it....they want to sell.....always
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't want to miss out on it but the longer it sits on the lot, the more is in my favor. I will have to drive down in The Beast t look at it and I can't do that until Charlolette is home and BJ fixes the brakes on The Beast.  My SIL will arrive Saturday and driving far to look at a used car will not be her cup of tea.  I'll have to play it by ear and hope for the best. My heart wants this one. It is a work of art.  http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=m98&radius=150&zip=39459&trimNames=NONE_NONE&colors=NONE_NONE#listing=133353825_isFeatured

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 01, 2016, 05:06:42 PM
I don't want to miss out on it but the longer it sits on the lot, the more is in my favor. I will have to drive down in The Beast t look at it and I can't do that until Charlolette is home and BJ fixes the brakes on The Beast.  My SIL will arrive Saturday and driving far to look at a used car will not be her cup of tea.  I'll have to play it by ear and hope for the best. My heart wants this one. It is a work of art.  http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=m98&radius=150&zip=39459&trimNames=NONE_NONE&colors=NONE_NONE#listing=133353825_isFeatured

..it is as it shall be...........................good luck w!w
Jon

LizStreithorst

I just spoke to my SIL.  She said that driving far to shop for a car is fine with her.  She said that she no longer enjoys shopping in department stores because her knees are shot and the pain of walking involved isn't worth it.  I've never known her to tell me something not true.  She will need my step ladder and a hand to get in and out of The Beast.  I have both. 

I wish I could do it this week, before she arrives but I need Charlotte back first, and I must feel confident that The Beast's brakes won't betray me.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 01, 2016, 06:40:58 PM
I just spoke to my SIL.  She said that driving far to shop for a car is fine with her.  She said that she no longer enjoys shopping in department stores because her knees are shot and the pain of walking involved isn't worth it.  I've never known her to tell me something not true.  She will need my step ladder and a hand to get in and out of The Beast.  I have both. 

I wish I could do it this week, before she arrives but I need Charlotte back first, and I must feel confident that The Beast's brakes won't betray me.

Sounds like the 2 of you get along pretty well and you would probably enjoy the company. I do appreciate exactly what she says, means, and feels about shopping with the pain of walking. I have similar issues, especially when just shuffle-shopping (moving slowly while someone is touching and looking at every item on the shelves)! The back, sciatic, and foot pains is are killer for that kind of outing.

When the 6 of us go to dinner in Burban, I laugh about getting a step ladder for the short people to get in and out. Our Barbara has the getting out part down well. She turns her body facing out the door and slides to the ground.... |^| Getting in, I open the door for her usually, and she uses the grab handle overhead and pulls herself up...usually at the time I tell her to step it up or I'll goose her! She can move fast!!!!  mim mim
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Guess whose heart is being put in as I type |^|

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

I see that my blabber mouth truck has already told you everything I was going to tell you ::)

Now, that Charlotte is so prefect I'm having second thoughts about the Fiat.  I know that there are other parts unrelated to the engine that can break on her and force me to have her towed, but I mostly just drive 12 miles to work and 12 miles back home.  Do I really need a fancy low mileage 2013 sports car?  I would have to put a big hurtin' on the money I don't allow myself to touch.  I've heard of people being "land poor" this FIAT would make me "car poor". 

I left The Beast with BJ to have the brakes fixed but I won't drive to Metarie with my SIL next week to do the deal.  I will sleep on it for a while.  Charlotte cost more than I expected and if I can get 3 grand for The Beast by selling him myself it might be the most logical way to go.

Ron Sower

Ya know...If Charlotte is healthy enough to take care of 90% of your needs, you might think about renting a new car to take long trips with. Then you only spend the money when you need too, and you still have your stash of money for when you need it. How close is the nearest rental company?  So when you get the desire for a ''new ride'' go rent one. I guarantee you'll love getting back into Charlotte when you get home. I always did with Fishmobile and do now with  Burban. mim
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Oh...and don't be too hard on her for being all excited about being home and telling us all about it. She's not a blabbermouth, just excited to have her youth back and to be with you. That's a good thing, MOM!  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Yes, she gave us the great news.... |^|.....you two make a good pair... ;D
Jon