• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:45:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,319
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 309
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 316
Total: 316

All I think about is cars

Started by LizStreithorst, January 20, 2016, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 03, 2016, 02:39:44 PM
Ya know...If Charlotte is healthy enough to take care of 90% of your needs, you might think about renting a new car to take long trips with. Then you only spend the money when you need too, and you still have your stash of money for when you need it. How close is the nearest rental company?  So when you get the desire for a ''new ride'' go rent one. I guarantee you'll love getting back into Charlotte when you get home. I always did with Fishmobile and do now with  Burban. mim

The nearest rental place is 15 miles away, but if Charlotte breaks and needs towing and can't be fixed the same day they will have to either deliver, or I will have to hitch hike or ask for a favor.  I've never been good at asking for favors and I'm getting worse.  I believe that I should be able to do for myself.  Once a year I drive to Jackson which is only 1 1/2 hrs away.  It's just to watch a goat show and see a good friend again.  I would love to drive Charlotte to northern TN in July to meet up with Dottie and head to Chicago in her vehicle, but it would be less stressful to rent a car.

Thanks for the advice.  Barb called just a minute ago and agrees that my thinking is solid.  I still may change my mind.  I don't think I will.   My logical side is not what I like most about about myself, but it comes on strong when I need it to.  If not for my sensible side, when the the passion came over me I would follow it, and I would end up in a huge mess.  Life on earth is different from life on the wonderful the planet Transsexual Transylvania where all you need to do is follow your heart.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Oh my...the guy from the dealership just emailed.  He said he would be in touch.  I had to tell him that even though my heart wanted the Abarth, that I had changed my mind.  I didn't go into any detail.  I did tell him that I would leave him positive feedback On Car Gurus where I found the car.  I will do it now.

I would love to have a sports care again, and that FIAT would be perfect.  My dang mind put my heart in it's place.  I hate it when that happens, but my mind sometimes knows what's best for me huh

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 03, 2016, 06:30:52 PM
Oh my...the guy from the dealership just emailed.  He said he would be in touch.  I had to tell him that even though my heart wanted the Abarth, that I had changed my mind.  I didn't go into any detail.  I did tell him that I would leave him positive feedback On Car Gurus where I found the car.  I will do it now.

I would love to have a sports care again, and that FIAT would be perfect.  My dang mind put my heart in it's place.  I hate it when that happens, but my mind sometimes knows what's best for me huh

LOL...he knows you want it too..... 2c2
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yes, he knows.  It's his job to be able to tell when a prospective buyer is being tugged by her heart.  He is very very good.  I like a man who is good at what he does.  Yes, I want that car with all my heart.  No. I will not buy it.  I need the money that I don't touch for when I'm old and worn out and can no longer work.  My heart would run away with me and spend everything up if my head didn't keep it in check.

Ron Sower

I, for one and along with others, think you're on the right track, Liz. But I would say that I've begun to ask for favors and it's nice to know that you have friends you may not even know yet that will provide those favors. And sometime in the future you can pay back the favor to them, or in some cases to someone they know that needs one. The best part is that in doing that they get to feel good about helping someone and you will too.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, it's easier for me to do favors than to receive them.  I know that you are right.  I shall try to be better at receiving and even asking when people they offer.  I guess it's time that this Streithorst got off her highhorst.  No man is an island.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 03, 2016, 09:06:43 PM
Ron, it's easier for me to do favors than to receive them.  I know that you are right.  I shall try to be better at receiving and even asking when people they offer.  I guess it's time that this Streithorst got off her highhorst.  No man is an island.

+1....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson