• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 11, 2024, 10:14:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,389
  • Total Topics: 18,557
  • Online today: 396
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 251
Total: 251

Monday coffee gab

Started by Mugwump, November 07, 2016, 05:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the coffee is very good this morn'n....it's calm in here ?... huh...Sassy just drifted back for a head scratch then went off for a nap....boys are laying around planning something, I'm sure......the time change has us out of sync maybe...?

...about 40deg's now...low 60's for a high.....rain moving in later tonight, and for election day morning...the forecasts are showing our highs in the 50's over the next few weeks...lows in the 30's-40's......looks like fall is settling in finally.... huh

..just putz'n...water changes...putz'n..yada yada....taking the day as it comes.... |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great but I am not. Having trouble gettin g going this morning and I ahave lot to do. More coffee coming up.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 07, 2016, 05:59:33 AM
Coffee is great but I am not. Having trouble gettin g going this morning and I ahave lot to do. More coffee coming up.

almost pot #2 time.......you're where I was yesterday morn'n....sput sput sput....vroooo sput ooom
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I got into some research on the computer and my first cup got cold. I love research.

Later, I'm testing some new lead round balls at the black powder range. It's always fun.

BRB

Hot coffee. Mmmmm

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 07, 2016, 06:26:24 AM
I got into some research on the computer and my first cup got cold. I love research.

Later, I'm testing some new lead round balls at the black powder range. It's always fun.

BRB

Hot coffee. Mmmmm

...slug type molded balls or buckshot?   
Jon

Rjb3

Today, I'm going to try #0  (.32 cal) and #000 (.36 cal) swaged lead buckshot. The .32 cal seem a little tight. The .36 cal. are loose in the gun, but my home made lamb tallow wads should hold them in. Time will tell. I used a micrometer to check them. The .32 balls are actually .31 and will be perfect in the .31 cal gun. The .36 are actually .355 making them a little loose.

The local butcher saves the lamb fat for me and I render it down to tallow. Then, you add 15% bees wax and pour it over felt fabric sheets. When they cool, I use a punch set to pop out the various sizes, (.31, .36, and .44 cal). I love making stuff.

The buckshot is way cheaper than buying round balls at $12 a hundred. An eight pound bottle of shot is $36. The #000 bottle has over 800 in it, and the #0 has almost 1300 round balls per bottle. The only thing cheaper would be molding your own. Not sure if I want to do that. At the rate I use them, it'll be years before I need more.

LOL Coffee got cold again.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 07, 2016, 06:56:23 AM
Today, I'm going to try #0  (.32 cal) and #000 (.36 cal) swaged lead buckshot. The .32 cal seem a little tight. The .36 cal. are loose in the gun, but my home made lamb tallow wads should hold them in. Time will tell. I used a micrometer to check them. The .32 balls are actually .31 and will be perfect in the .31 cal gun. The .36 are actually .355 making them a little loose.

The local butcher saves the lamb fat for me and I render it down to tallow. Then, you add 15% bees wax and pour it over felt fabric sheets. When they cool, I use a punch set to pop out the various sizes, (.31, .36, and .44 cal). I love making stuff.

The buckshot is way cheaper than buying round balls at $12 a hundred. An eight pound bottle of shot is $36. The #000 bottle has over 800 in it, and the #0 has almost 1300 round balls per bottle. The only thing cheaper would be molding your own. Not sure if I want to do that. At the rate I use them, it'll be years before I need more.

LOL Coffee got cold again.

....thanks for the explanation....... |^|....I actually think I get it....LOL.....(off for a warm up too)
Jon

Rjb3

On a side note, today we're clearing out a spot for Gale's greenhouse. We set up the framework in the driveway yesterday. It's only 10' X 12', but at least she finally gets the greenhouse she's needed for a long time. If the mild weather holds up for a while we should finish before winter.

Need hot coffee . . . . .