• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 10, 2024, 02:59:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,383
  • Total Topics: 18,555
  • Online today: 245
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 237
Total: 237

Wednesday's coffee....

Started by Mugwump, October 19, 2016, 06:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee's great !...a nice cool 40's morn'n....the fall weather is finally returning  |^|

..errands and putz'n for us today....not much else on the agenda... 8)

I'd better do the gutter checks tho while the weather is accommodating....maybe mulch the front yard leaves...yada yada... 
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Morning Jon.  A cool 58?F here this morning with rain moving in late in the day.  Need to go out and see Mom.  Hoping to mow out there one last time today.  Massive water changes when I get back.  I'll try to deplete the rain water in preparation for the incoming rain.   ;D

Dennis

Mugwump

Pot #2 here.....coffee is really tasting good this morn'n...MMmmmm

..Yup, I'm hoping that this will be my last mow/mulch here too...but doubt it....the front trees still have plenty of turned leaves that haven't fallen yet....might get some rain tonight here too  huh...that'll bring a more leaves down.....odd tho, it's been pretty windy lately and they keep holding on.. huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Our leaves have just started to turn in the last week.  Usually by this time, I have a huge bag of dried oak leaves already harvested and ready for use.  I'm loving this weather so no hurry for it to change though.  I've got plenty of last years harvest still.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

The coffee is great and I am ready for the last great weather day in the area. It will get up to 85 today as it did yesterday. The funny thing is that it didn't feel that warm yesterday. The sun wasn't that intense and the humidity was low. Tomorrow the high will be in the low 70s and by Saturday the high temp will only be in the 50s.

Did all my fishroom work yesterday so the only thing to do today is move a few Koi fry and shut down another tank. |^| |^| |^| I need to think about taking some of my adults and retired Angels to the club auction. I won't get much money for them but at least they have a chance of finding a good home. huh

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 19, 2016, 08:09:57 AM
The coffee is great and I am ready for the last great weather day in the area. It will get up to 85 today as it did yesterday. The funny thing is that it didn't feel that warm yesterday. The sun wasn't that intense and the humidity was low. Tomorrow the high will be in the low 70s and by Saturday the high temp will only be in the 50s.

Did all my fishroom work yesterday so the only thing to do today is move a few Koi fry and shut down another tank. |^| |^| |^| I need to think about taking some of my adults and retired Angels to the club auction. I won't get much money for them but at least they have a chance of finding a good home. huh

Enjoy the weather Willie.....da snow is coming.....LOL
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 19, 2016, 08:39:37 AM

The difference between your snow & my snow is that once it snows in Illinois it doesn't melt until the season is over.

I can remember numerous Winters of never seeing my lawn after the first snowfall until spring. Over here we will have a lot of days in the 40s and 50s that will melt the stuff that comes down. mim mim mim
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 19, 2016, 09:24:30 AM

The difference between your snow & my snow is that once it snows in Illinois it doesn't melt until the season is over.

I can remember numerous Winters of never seeing my lawn after the first snowfall until spring. Over here we will have a lot of days in the 40s and 50s that will melt the stuff that comes down. mim mim mim

...Well this year I see you getting snow for Thanksgiving, and then staying around til after Easter.....better look for a snow blower before there's a run on 'em in the stores....yup... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 19, 2016, 11:17:21 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on October 19, 2016, 09:24:30 AM

...Well this year I see you getting snow for Thanksgiving, and then staying around til after Easter.....better look for a snow blower before there's a run on 'em in the stores....yup... ;D

Oh. I didn't know you were a see-er. lol
Willie

waterboy

What? You mean that white stuff actually melts between November and March.  Not around here.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.