• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 28, 2024, 05:37:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,373
  • Total Topics: 18,549
  • Online today: 338
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 187
Total: 187

Some of my assorted Blues that I'm fond of

Started by LizStreithorst, December 28, 2015, 11:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have a batch of these in a 100 gallon.  Some came from Mug, some came from a Blue Marble X Blue Silver spawn, some came from a Blue Marble X Blue Clown spawn.  I have no idea which came from which.  Not pictured are 4 Plats that must have come from one of the spawns.  I didn't picture any of the Blue Marbles which I have 18 of.  There a bunch of PSs in the batch.  Both my male Blue Marble  were PS.  One of the mamas (I bet the female Blue Clown) must have been het for PS.  I bet the dark ones came from Mug.  I didn't care much for dark before, but I really like these.

Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

two more

Mugwump

I'm a fan of the Pinoy's carrying a zebra gene too.....love those fins and the blue/green that pops out.... |^|

From the looks of it, you have some nice stock there.....good job  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

What doesn't show up in the pics of the first fish in the second post is that it is actually kinda half splotchy grey.  I got 4 decent pics but the half grey didn't show up. I have seen fish advertised on Aaquabid as Half Blacks, but this is no half black.  I'm curious as to what it's called, though.  Heck, I don't know what any of the four are called even in English ::)  Is that one called a Pinoy Zebra?  I thought it was a Zebra but the stripes weren't right.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 28, 2015, 12:08:13 PM
What doesn't show up in the pics of the first fish in the second post is that it is actually kinda half splotchy grey.  I got 4 decent pics but the half grey didn't show up. I have seen fish advertised on Aaquabid as Half Blacks, but this is no half black.  I'm curious as to what it's called, though.  Heck, I don't know what any of the four are called even in English ::)  Is that one called a Pinoy Zebra?  I thought it was a Zebra but the stripes weren't right.

Look at the fin markings....they tell the story every time... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Of course.  You have told me that before :-[  How would you breed the pinoy's?  I don't want them to get too dark on me.  I want to see pattern, not total blackness.  Do you go dark to dark or dark to light?  I have plenty of more fish in this group and lots of time to choose what to keep.

And these four Plats that showed up apparently out of nowhere?  I bet that Ed's Blue Clown was involved in that.  Willie said that both parents must have had a hidden gold gene wfwf  Are they good for anything other than breeding to one another?

Man, I wish I had learned all this stuff when I was young and smart.  I've always liked genetics but now I'm old and stupid and find it impossible to fathom even though I know that the hard work has been done for me and what I want to know is right in front of my eyes >:(  All that is left in me as a breeder that is good is my eye and my gut feelings.  I guess I should feel blessed.  I know very smart fish people who have no problem admitting that they don't have an eye huh

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 28, 2015, 01:08:23 PM
Of course.  You have told me that before :-[  How would you breed the pinoy's?  I don't want them to get too dark on me.  I want to see pattern, not total blackness.  Do you go dark to dark or dark to light?  I have plenty of more fish in this group and lots of time to choose what to keep.

And these four Plats that showed up apparently out of nowhere?  I bet that Ed's Blue Clown was involved in that.  Willie said that both parents must have had a hidden gold gene wfwf  Are they good for anything other than breeding to one another?

Man, I wish I had learned all this stuff when I was young and smart.  I've always liked genetics but now I'm old and stupid and find it impossible to fathom even though I know that the hard work has been done for me and what I want to know is right in front of my eyes >:(  All that is left in me as a breeder that is good is my eye and my gut feelings.  I guess I should feel blessed.  I know very smart fish people who have no problem admitting that they don't have an eye huh

Pinoy's are a Philippine Blue with at least one dark gene....D/D pb/pb or D/+ pb/pb......to keep from getting too dark, cross a Pinoy to a pb/pb...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Question answered.  Thank you Mug The Famous ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 28, 2015, 01:19:46 PM
Question answered.  Thank you Mug The Famous ;)

Ahem....wasn't that the 'fabulous' ?.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...... wfwf
Jon

LizStreithorst

I had to look back and check.  You are correct.  Heck if I had the choice I would take fabulous over famous any day.  I didn't do as well.  The highest level I have managed to achieve is "witch".  I have been downgraded to "slut" huh

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 28, 2015, 02:06:23 PM
I had to look back and check.  You are correct.  Heck if I had the choice I would take fabulous over famous any day.  I didn't do as well.  The highest level I have managed to achieve is "witch".  I have been downgraded to "slut" huh

LOLOLOLOL....hit him with your broom....wham bam slam bam wham !!!  |^|
Jon