• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 07, 2024, 05:36:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,381
  • Total Topics: 18,554
  • Online today: 357
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 230
Total: 230

The first time for me....

Started by Ron Sower, May 11, 2015, 09:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hey, Barb! You inspired me and I'm doing something i picked up from you on here!  I'm referring to my Suburban as Mr. Bourbon with a male connotation, rather than MS. Bourbon which I think would be a male chauvinist female connotation! Also, Ducky is a drake, of course named after doc on NCIS!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

Mechanical stuff is always a she. Always has been. Always will be.
You trying to give your vehicle an identity crisis?

Required emoticons

:)
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

The heck with convention.  The Beast, my huge diesel van, is totally male.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

I name most of my server installs as male.....  Zeus, Poseidon, Kratos, Hades, etc.  The others are typically animals or monsters.....  Hydra, Cerberus, Komodo, etc.

Dennis

GraphicGr8s

I don't bother naming things like that. They are only machines. Tools. Nothing more. Nothing less. Unless of course we are talking a 69 CatalinaBonneville Convertible. Now that is just pure class.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

BallAquatics

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on May 11, 2015, 02:21:14 PM
I don't bother naming things like that.
Servers MUST have a name.....  I could perhaps be more creative and name them like some I've worked on in the past though.....  FS1 is a popular name File Server 1  LOL

This new website hosting company I've started working with names their servers after characters from the A Game of Thrones books.

Dennis

Mugwump

I don't bother naming things like that. They are only machines. Tools. Nothing more. Nothing less. Unless of course we are talking a 69 CatalinaBonneville Convertible. Now that is just pure class.

That's Catalina, or Bonneville....my Mom had a 59 Pontiac Catalina convertible when we lived in Calif.....copper colored....metallic base....what a night time cruise'm/beach car......wide track.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 11, 2015, 09:53:24 AM
Hey, Barb! You inspired me and I'm doing something i picked up from you on here!  I'm referring to my Suburban as Mr. Bourbon with a male connotation, rather than MS. Bourbon which I think would be a male chauvinist female connotation! Also, Ducky is a drake, of course named after doc on NCIS!

Barb....or Liz?    ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 11, 2015, 04:20:54 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on May 11, 2015, 09:53:24 AM

Barb....or Liz?    ;D ;D ;D

I know, Pauline.  He always thinks that I'm Barb even though I'm totally unlike Barb.  It doesn't bother me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on May 11, 2015, 03:09:30 PM

That's Catalina, or Bonneville....my Mom had a 59 Pontiac Catalina convertible when we lived in Calif.....copper colored....metallic base....what a night time cruise'm/beach car......wide track.... ;D
Yeah I meant to put a shilling stroke between the two. Catalina/Bonneville. Bonneville was the updo of the Cat. Power everything and wheel skirts along with the bumper insert. Some even had the optional revert radio with 8 track. I still have the hydraulics for the power top. And the rear glass window.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 11, 2015, 03:04:22 PM
I don't bother naming things like that.
Servers MUST have a name.....  I could perhaps be more creative and name them like some I've worked on in the past though.....  FS1 is a popular name File Server 1  LOL

This new website hosting company I've started working with names their servers after characters from the A Game of Thrones books.

Dennis
Well the Fiery server on the Ricoh is FieryRicoh. From there it goes to Ricoh Print, Ricoh Hold, Ricoh Direct For the Xerox it's FieryXerox. My graphics computer is Graphics01. My backup is BigBertha. The server for the HP5500 is SHP5500.