• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 07, 2024, 03:16:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,381
  • Total Topics: 18,554
  • Online today: 357
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 226
Total: 226

Jury duty Monday..

Started by Mugwump, September 15, 2014, 05:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....Coffee's good while I contemplate the day's coming adventure.....they really should allow the jury a coffee in the jury box..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Here's hoping they don't want you.....nothing personal.   ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on September 15, 2014, 07:12:24 AM
Here's hoping they don't want you.....nothing personal.   ;)

LOLOLOLOLOL.......I'm just hoping for something interesting...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Hmmm....???...I think that I'll take a book along too..??...
Jon

Mugwump

I just got back a little bit ago. I was selected for a case, and given a blue 'Jury' badge to wear, along with about 18 others. The rest of the folks received red 'jury' badges. We waited, and after couple hours got the call to get ready. We assembled to go up to the court room and then received another update to stay put.....soon the judge came down and said that the guy had plea dealed a guilty plea for murder, and that we would not be needed, thanked us, and said your jury service is complete for one year....the other 60, or so folks with red 'jury' badges were taken off to get further explaination about how their jury service would be continued..yada yada.....not a bad morning, got half a book on "Rommel" finished  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Couldn't have worked out better.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

I go in Oct 15 for jury duty. Like you said, I hope it's something interesting.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 15, 2014, 12:08:53 PM
I just got back a little bit ago. I was selected for a case, and given a blue 'Jury' badge to wear, along with about 18 others. The rest of the folks received red 'jury' badges. We waited, and after couple hours got the call to get ready. We assembled to go up to the court room and then received another update to stay put.....soon the judge came down and said that the guy had plea dealed a guilty plea for murder, and that we would not be needed, thanked us, and said your jury service is complete for one year....the other 60, or so folks with red 'jury' badges were taken off to get further explaination about how their jury service would be continued..yada yada.....not a bad morning, got half a book on "Rommel" finished  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good for you. I've done a murder trial and can get lengthy. By the end I just wanted it to be over. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 15, 2014, 12:52:32 PM
I go in Oct 15 for jury duty. Like you said, I hope it's something interesting.

I guess us older folks are easy pick'n for them...LOL.....tho I did a look around and folks of all ages...not as many youngsters tho....???
Jon

PaulineMi

You had a book on Rommel....seems like you should have gotten a red badge.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on September 15, 2014, 03:39:53 PM
You had a book on Rommel....seems like you should have gotten a red badge.

I could have had 'Patton'.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ............or....

Jon

BallAquatics

I like to wear my favorite shirt to jury duty..... just to assure them that I don't have any prejudices  If it was good enough for Cistercian abbot Arnaud Amaury, it works for me.....

Dennis

BillT

Well Dennis, that should make a good impression. ;D

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 15, 2014, 05:42:52 PM
I like to wear my favorite shirt to jury duty..... just to assure them that I don't have any prejudices  If it was good enough for Cistercian abbot Arnaud Amaury, it works for me.....

Dennis
I like this. Googling for the T-Shirt now!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron