• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 28, 2024, 11:26:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,373
  • Total Topics: 18,549
  • Online today: 338
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 236
Total: 236

HB round deux......

Started by Mugwump, September 11, 2014, 04:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Here's hoping that they get it right this time... ;D...Dad wasn't too pleased with my camera work... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 11, 2014, 04:32:41 PM
Here's hoping that they get it right this time... ;D...Dad wasn't too pleased with my camera work... ;D

Very nice clutch.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Thanks Willie, it actually extends back down that leaf quite a bit too...I couldn't get a good camera angle on it....drats.. :D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

So far, very good....no whities, and tending nicely....tomorrow tells the tale...
Jon

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Yours are doing better than mine.  I get lots of white eggs that drop off the cone from this male.  I still have lost of good eggs left.  I'm wanting to see what things look like in the morning.  Most of my good eggs get eaten during the second night, the rest during the third night.

I want yours to do right more than I want mine to.  They are your only HB pair.  I have choices.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Well, they're cleaning up the whities that decided to show up this afternoon....bunch left tho, so it'll be interesting to see if they pass 'muster' with them....??
Jon

GeorgeG

Good luck with them. My HB Superveils never could parent raise so I now have wigglers in a 1 gallon jar about to free swim this weekend.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on September 12, 2014, 08:45:48 PM
Good luck with them. My HB Superveils never could parent raise so I now have wigglers in a 1 gallon jar about to free swim this weekend.

Thanks, George........there aren't many left, so next time is their last crack at it...then I'm pulling the leaf.....if I get antsy, then I'll just pull the next one and then they can try some more later.... ;D
Jon

GeorgeG

I had to finally pull the slate myself after giving them most of the summer to raise them. Since it is my only pair it was time to try and raise them myself. Baby brine is ready to feed and egg yolk powder just in case not all can eat bbs

LizStreithorst

Did you get any wigglers this time, Jon.  My pair had about 25 that mom moved yesterday afternoon.  I figured they'd be gone this morning but they're still there.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 14, 2014, 08:07:45 AM
Did you get any wigglers this time, Jon.  My pair had about 25 that mom moved yesterday afternoon.  I figured they'd be gone this morning but they're still there.

A few wigglers here, but lost in the move, I guess..??  they're clumsy in amongst the anubias leaves...I may try a cone in there???...they don't seem too like the slate much...but first off, I'm yanking the next one to see if I can get at least a spawn to play with....
Jon

LizStreithorst

My pair still has their few wigglers.  Mom has moved them three times now, from the front of the cone to the top of the cone to the back of the cone and now back to the front of the cone.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 15, 2014, 12:46:28 PM
My pair still has their few wigglers.  Mom has moved them three times now, from the front of the cone to the top of the cone to the back of the cone and now back to the front of the cone.

cool..... 8)
Jon