• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 07, 2024, 07:50:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,381
  • Total Topics: 18,554
  • Online today: 357
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 216
Total: 216

Wild daffodils

Started by LizStreithorst, March 02, 2014, 04:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I took the scenic route home from work yesterday as I often do on Saturdays.  I came upon a spot that had been planted to Pines and under the trees were daffodils scattered everywhere.  They had come up from seed when the soil was disturbed to plant the Pines.  I found a long narrow slab and right next to it and at an weird angle to it, a smaller rectangular slab.  Someone was there once who planted some old fashioned bulbs that will come up from seed.  The pic shows just a small fraction of it the daffodils were spread over a large area.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I cut enough flowers to make a nice bouquet for my kind neighbor and me.  I marked 5 good clumps to dig up when the plants die down.  I expect to get enough bulbs to be able to share freely.  These are the flowers.  The ones with the white came from my garden.  The all yellow ones are the ones that were blooming their hearts out completely unnoticed and unloved.  The longer view is what you see when you walk in my front door.  (Don't tell me that my house isn't tidy.  I know it without having to be told)

Mugwump

Nice flowers....good find ;D...........................................oh and....straighten the lamp shade, hon... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Does this suit you better, Mr. Picky?  Next thing you'll be telling me to brush the dog hair off the love seat ::)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 02, 2014, 04:54:12 PM
Does this suit you better, Mr. Picky?  Next thing you'll be telling me to brush the dog hair off the love seat ::)

better......lower on left, up a touch on the right, please... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Screw you number 1 mentor and number 3 hero.  I saw it after I posted.  If it's not good enough for you,  your invited to come straighten it yourself.  Since you're a perfectionist, bring a lazer level with you :-*

b125killer

Nice find, Jon's just upset that we can see any flowers. Lots of snow but no flowers lol ;D
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 02, 2014, 05:09:59 PM
Screw you number 1 mentor and number 3 hero.  I saw it after I posted.  If it's not good enough for you,  your invited to come straighten it yourself.  Since you're a perfectionist, bring a lazer level with you :-*

tsk tsk tsk.....LOL...you do get an 'A' for effort.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: b125killer on March 02, 2014, 05:29:49 PM
Nice find, Jon's just upset that we can see any flowers. Lots of snow but no flowers lol ;D

You poor sweet dears who choose to live in the frozen north would move if you only knew how wonderful it is in the rural south.

PaulineMi

It's so nice to see those freshly cut daffodils especially when we are still having below zero weather!  I bought a pot of hyacinths and set it on the table next to where I have my coffee and read in the morning.  Lovely fragrance.  I envy your having the ability to go outdoors and get the real thing.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

Would love to see them in my back yard about now.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 02, 2014, 07:17:22 PM
Quote from: b125killer on March 02, 2014, 05:29:49 PM

You poor sweet dears who choose to live in the frozen north would move if you only knew how wonderful it is in the rural south.

It's been considered.... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I can't remember the last time I had a pot of hyacenths in the house.  They DO make you feel like Spring will indeed arrive.  The fragrance of my daffodils is very subtle but it has spread throughout the house.  I need to pick more and put them in the fish room.  They're just going unappreciated where they are now.  Let me know if you would like some bulbs this fall.  I'll have enough to share.

LizStreithorst

Jon and Pauline, I would find you a nice piece of land to build a house on if you choose to move.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 02, 2014, 07:55:11 PM
Jon and Pauline, I would find you a nice piece of land to build a house on if you choose to move.

House?????...naw, just a large 'live in' fish room... ;D
Jon