• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 15, 2024, 09:36:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,396
  • Total Topics: 18,558
  • Online today: 221
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 173
Total: 173

Thursday is here.

Started by Ron Sower, November 02, 2023, 10:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hello all,

I wrote last night but don't see it here. Must not have tapped "post".

We had a good, but cool, trip to Sedona. Got back Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday evening we went to the Halloween dance and had a good time there too. Yesterday morning I was up at5:30 to get cousins off to the airport. The rest of the day I took it easy, even got in a rare daytime nap of about 10 minutes! Last night we played cards with two couples. No fish room work.

Today and tomorrow is another thing though. With Lawrence Kent coming this Friday Evening, I need to finalize the plans for a birding trip for Saturday morning and a Saturday dinner with a few club members, clean house, and give my fishroom some attention that it badly needs. And before Saturday morning's birding walk, I need to get appropriate footwear.

Liz, don't feel too jealous of my health. I'm not writing much about it. But I am getting along without hydrocodone these days. I think the new knee may have readjusted my axial alignment in a positive way. However I can tell my other knee is worsening now. BTW loved the pic of Daddy and the fry.

Willie, I keep thinking about downsizing my fishroom. But all I do is figure how to add more tanks! What's wrong with me??? I have more now than I really want to take care of, but I still want to keep them. I know that one day it's gotta happen.

Barb, I'm glad they caught the skin cancer early. Did they confirm they got it all before they closed the wound?

Dennis and Greg! How are you guys gettin' along?

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good afternoon all!  Ron sounds like you have so much to do, all the time, GREAT!  I also try to keep very busy, however I think you get more into a day than I do.  I found out 2 hrs ago I need more oral surgery, not happy at all.  It is a continuation of my Sept 6 surgery.  But the surgeon is doing it with no extra cost.  Thank G--.  My back is getting better, still have several more days for biopsy report.  I did reset my fancy Betta bowl this morning, my only fun for the day.  Liz, gorgeous Discus parents and babies, I may want more eventually.  BTW my 6 adults, from you, are also gorgeous, just not as big as yours.  Healthy and smaller, I blame my ph 9+ water.  But they are healthy!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon Ron.  I know that more than once I've hit preview thinking I'd hit post.  That could be what happened.  And pretty please don't keep your aches and pains to yourself.  I don't.  Willie doesn't.  Barb is starting to loosen up about it.  Heck, If we can't empathize with each other what are we good for?

The night before last it dropped to 31.  I was surprised to see that my elephant ear didn't melt, and my zinnias were still strutting their stuff.  Last night it was a degree warmer...32.  This morning they were both toast.  Go figure.

I just ordered new batteries for my scooter.  I wore them out taking the puppies for their nice run every day.  I hate to have to buy batteries all the time, but I looked at the price of lithium batteries which last much longer, but the price scared me away. 

The darndest thing happened with my ram shipment to my $1000. guy.  I shipped 4 pairs and a single.  When they arrived he said that there was just 1 pair and 1 single plus the heat pack in the box.  It's a mystery, but I did ship on Halloween.

Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Barb, I think I'll be needing oral surgery, too.  I'm going in on Monday for an impression, but I can feel that there is one place that is going to cause a problem.  I'll point it out to him.  I don't think he got the entire root out during one of my extractions.  I can feel it when I put pressure on it with a finger.  More fun for us.  It makes me feel a little more confident in this dentist who I've never used up to now.  If your fancy dentist missed a piece of root, I guess it's not that bad to have my medicare dentist miss a piece.  Good luck.  I'll be thinking of you.  When do you have the procedure done?

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. I've been relaxing most of the day but I did go down to the fishroom and hit the Discus tank with a big water change. I've been diligent with the main Discus tank as I've been doing the 50% WCs on a daily basis. There are 5 discus in that 75G tank but two of them are larger than the others and of those others 1 of them I would call a "runt". I  also have the one in the prison tank and it is doing fine because he is in a 75g with 4 old (9 year old) snots. That tank is doing fine but it doesn't get a daily WC.

Ron, I am down to 8 tanks with fish but I do have two 10 gallon tanks with shrimp and a 40G turtle tank that I don't count as fish tanks. That means I have 11 tanks with something living in it and another 5 tanks running with no visible life in them but I'm sure they have some microscopic life in them.

Liz, I did forget to tell you that I am taking the Cymbalta. I take 30mg once a day. I'm not in pain but I don't know if it's because of the Cymbalta or all of the other stuff I'm taking.  ;)     

I almost forgot my weather report. This morning I got up to 30 degrees and that was no fun. The last few years the fall and winter have been relatively mild here and I got spoiled. When I lived in Chicago I was already in winter mode by this time of year. We did warm up to 50 this afternoon but in the morning we will be cold once again.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, if you told me, I missed it.  What surprised me, but shouldn't have, is though the pain was gone, the strength I though I would have was not there because pain or no pain, we still have the condition we have.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 02, 2023, 10:36:32 AMDennis and Greg! How are you guys gettin' along?

Hi Ron and all the rest.  I'm doing good, treatments are going good with slight side effects.  Big slow-down at work so I'm only going in on Monday & Tuesday...  work 2, off 5 I'm loving it.

Fall weather here with cooler temperatures.  Trees are in full color.  Spending most of my free time working on bikes.  It's quite satisfying to take a 40+ year old motorcycle and bring it back into perfect working condition. My latest addition, a turbo charged 1982 Yamaha has been quite the challenge!

I've also got back in touch with Pete Cottle after loosing touch for a few years.  The fish guys in Columbus are hinting at me becoming more involved again, but I don't think the timing is quite right.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 02, 2023, 03:34:46 PMThe darndest thing happened with my ram shipment to my $1000. guy.  I shipped 4 pairs and a single.  When they arrived he said that there was just 1 pair and 1 single plus the heat pack in the box.  It's a mystery, but I did ship on Halloween.

Twilight Zone maybe?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 02, 2023, 04:52:38 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on November 02, 2023, 10:36:32 AMI've also got back in touch with Pete Cottle after loosing touch for a few years.  The fish guys in Columbus are hinting at me becoming more involved again, but I don't think the timing is quite right.
DO I!👍🏼
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Good morning!

It's 60 now and going to 85 later today. I think one day this weekend it's going to hit 90 one more time this year. I know summer is over: the cold water tap is now below 95. I actually have to turn on the hot water in the shower now to mix with the cold!😁

Cardio rehab is today at 10:30. They're increasing the tension on the machines that I use a little bit more each time now. I go M/W/F. Everything seems to be doing okay so far. Interestingly a buddy here recently had a 100% block in one coronary artery. They put a stent in immediately and the doc told him he didn't need rehab!!! I'm going to ask about that today.

I got up early to do a little work in the fishroom. Still haven't done glass cleaning. I might get some done later today.

I pick up Lawrence after 6 tonight. Tomorrow it's an early morning birding walk. Then evening we're off to a group dinner. Sunday morning is take-it-easy, then off to the meeting. After the meeting I take him to the airport and I think I'll crash for a couple days. 🤣

Good to hear from you, Dennis. Hope the side effects aren't too bad for you. I feel for you, Barb, with more surgery ahead of you. Good luck to both of you.

I was in Chicago a few times in the winter, Willie. I went to the packaging machinery show at McCormmick Place in November. It was always cold! One year they held it in NY. No better!🥴

I most likely won't post again til Monday. In the meantime, you folks enjoy you days.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron