• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 23, 2024, 06:07:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 245
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 141
Total: 142

Monday Monday

Started by Barb, June 26, 2023, 07:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning folks, hot here already and humid.  But I have outdoor work to do so will try to get it finished before afternoon.  Mainly yard cleanup from the rain, and using my string trimmer to cut 12" tall grass out in front, where I only have a bit of it, the rest is garden.  In my whole neighborhood of about 300 houses mine is the only one with no lawn, just beds of flowers, shrubs and small trees in front.  Back too.

Liz, hope this is a better back day for you.  You are amazing in how you keep going despite pain.  Willie glad you have had rain finally, bet your lawn is green again.  Ron, don't get too hot out west in the desert heat, but as they say "No humidity".  Yes, bear live in my neighborhood.  Eastern NC has more black bears than the mountains of the state!  Last week a neighbor found a bear in her backyard, climbed her 6' fence, like mine, and left claw marks in the wood to prove it! I saw the pics.
Have a good day all,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Barb.  Getting one room reasonably clean is not what I would call a busy day, but it was enough to satisfy me. 

We likely have some black bears down in woods, but I've never seen one.  Two different people who worked for me at different times both saw a honey bear in the same place.  I wish I'd see it, but I never have.  They're supposed to be very shy.

I think the back will be somewhat better today, so that's nice.  If I turn out to be a good person, I'll clean the bathroom. 

It'll be partly cloudy today and somewhat cooler on the thermometer.  But the heat index will still be 107.  Oh well, this is summer and I do live in Mississippi.  I'd rather have this than deal with months on end of snow and sleet and leafless trees. 

I have some breather bags coming today.  I've never used them, but the more I read about them the better they sound to me.  I put off the guy who I owe the single make Black ram to, until tomorrow so I can try one out.  Do any of y'all use them?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi Barb & Liz...you too Willie, et. al.

Liz, I have not sent anything out in breather bags...however me shrimp buddy uses them all the time to ship...he's had shipping delays for many days and they arrive fine...the key is to pack them with toweling or paper wadding so the bags don't compact together and keep air from getting to the exterior...also customers should not float them too long if at all once received...

Looks like we'll hit 103 today...yesterday we went to the pool with friends and I got a tiny sunburn on my bald head...just enough that when I go to my dermatologist Friday it'll be peeling just enough to have her chastise me! :-[

Lucy will be going with ladies to do some shopping therapy this morning and I'll be having a couple ppl over for fish/shrimp/plants...I'm still draining one or two tanks daily and resetting them...

Tonight is the deadline for our club members and FB followers to purchase tickets to go to the Odysea Aquarium on July 9....I was able to get ticket discounts of almost half price for our group...that's a good savings...but to get that we needed a minimum of 50 attendees...we're not quite there yet, but think we'll make it by tonight's cutoff...it's amazing how many ppl will commit ahead of time then don't follow through on things like this...

Oh well...I'm canvassing the club council today to see if they want to do a swap meet in our ballroom here on July 22...I think there has been enough time and members have enough excess stock to hold one by then...

Willie, whatcha doing today...? Barb, don't let the heat and humidity get you today while you're out there working in the yard...and Liz, you can be a good person without cleaning a bathroom!...

That's all folks!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. Hopefully you are all well. I was on earlier but I was in the fishroom doing WCs and I didn't want to take my eye off the ball.

We are on the lookout for the tornadoes that could be on the way here. so far it looks like they are headed northwest of us but that could change because there are other storms to out south.

All is well otherwise except I spent most of my time in the fishroom and now I have no time or energy to work on my flower beds. It would probably start raining when I started anyway.

I'm going to get Kobe out before the rains start but I wish you all a great day and I'll check on you all later. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.