• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 10, 2024, 11:06:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,383
  • Total Topics: 18,555
  • Online today: 245
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 220
Total: 220

Drying Out Sunday

Started by wsantia1, April 23, 2023, 06:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I spent yesterday resting and today my energy level is back to normal and I am ready for what lies ahead.

We got heavy Thorms yesterday evening and with those storms came cooler weather with will probably be more in line with what is expected for April around here. In addition to the cooler weather those storms washed away most of the pollen that has been kicking my butt for the last couple of weeks.

Unfortunately I parked my car in the garage and didn't get the benefit of a car wash that I would have gotten if I left my car on the driveway. 

Today I am back at playing with the tanks and later this evening I have to go to a birthday party for one of my neighbor's.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in on you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good morning...

Yesterday was a long day at SAKE (PRONOUNCED sock-ee)...I left home at 8:10am and got home at 9:20pm...4 speakers, huge live auction, huge raffle and huge silent auction which is what I worked on all day...I won a pair of guppies brought in by a California breeder, and a new-to-me duckweed, Lemna trisulca...ivy leaf duckweed...it's pretty cool looking...I'm told it grows in a mat-like form...

I'll do a couple WCs this morning, then this afternoon we're visiting with friends in the community...

You folks have a good day...and I hope you dry out well, Willie....!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi folks, try # 2 here.  First I couldn't log in and when I can, my post went poof again.  My part of NC is having a huge out of control wildfire, since Wed. night. It got bad Thursday and 3 days were smokey, ashy and most unpleasant.  The fire began in a national forest, uninhabited by people but home to millions of wildlife :(   The forest is 160,000 acres, and at the height of the fire 135,000 acres burned.  As of now only 35% contained.  The wind keeps changing and blowing the smoke in different directions.  It is a disaster.  They dont know the cause yet.   There was some rain last night but not nearly enough.

I have been busy, as usual, mostly indoor things.  I start pickleball this Thurs.  Will let you know how it goes, hope I like it.  Fish all fine, pond ok despite falling ash in it.  Blue bird house fine with eggs and mama.  My daughter and SIL got their first 2 egg laying chickens, when they get older of course. 2 mo. old now. One is white one is light brown.  More tomorrow,
Barb