• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 15, 2024, 09:38:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,396
  • Total Topics: 18,558
  • Online today: 306
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 301
Total: 301

Sunny Saturday (I hope)

Started by Barb, October 15, 2022, 06:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning eveybody!  It is supposed to be about 70 and sunny today, sure hope so. I will soon be on the road to visit my kids today and tomorrow.  Most of the trees here are still green, but 200 mi. west it is colorful so I look forward to seeing them.  Liz, I have an electric feeder on my baby discus tank so they will get fed while I am gone.  Do any of you use feeders while you are away?

Hope you all have a good weekend!  I will check in later to see what excitement you have going on. 
Barb

Ron Sower

Hi Barb, et. al.

Not sunny here this morning...we have a 70% rain chance...the temp is only 78 right now at 9am...and the high to be 81 or so...Lucy picked the right day for us to go with Stan and Barb on the Canyon Lake boat excursion yesterday...it was beautiful with blue sky and white scattered clouds... but we didn't see any desert mountain sheep like we usually do...first time that's happened...

When we got back from that and lunch at the Tortilla Flat restaurant we came home and I pulled, packed and mailed a few orders...Tortilla Flat was the last functional stagecoach stop along the Apache Trail...it has a population of 6 residents and is now a cute little tourist attraction we like to visit...tortillaflataz.com

Today I'll portion out food for each fish tank fo Stan to dump in on Wednesday...we're going to drive to Vegas Mon and come back Thur....I really wouldn't bother feeding at all but I always get pressure from Lucy to feed them, so it's worth the hassle to prevent her hassle!... huh ;) and Stan's right in there with her insisting he should do it...every time I try to explain RO them that have small fish that forage constantly and plenty of plants and mule for them to forage upon, but to no avail..., ;D

Also, I will complete the odious task of paying our bills today...an less odious task of moving a few fish and plants around...

As for the rest of the day, anything could happen...you guys have a wonderful time today and happy aquariuming!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Oh…forgot to mention that what made up for not seeing sheep was that I saw, for the first time, a wild wood duck at the lake…it was beautiful!…I’ve only seen them in pics and zoom prior to yesterday!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi Barb and Ron.  Ron is sounds like you went for a beautiful trip.  Be sure to give us updates while you're in Vegas.  I bet you and miss Lucy will have a blast.  Ron, Barb has baby Discus.  Raising baby Discus to a big size as adults requires regular feedings.  Other fish catch up if they've not had food.  Discus become stunted.

Barb, the last time I used automatic feeders was when I was able to work.  I'd set the timers to feed them lunch.  Have a good safe trip and a good time with the kids.

It's a beautiful day again here.  It sure would be nice to see a drop of rain, but I have the sprinkler for the veggies.  It's tough luck for everything else.  I'm a little worried about my 'maters.  I have 10 little baby ones on the plant as of this morning.  Wednesday night will go down to 34 degrees before it starts to go back to normal.  I've asked Felder what lengths I will have to go through to save this plant from being ruined.  I have a blanket, tons of long heavy duty extension cords, and an electric throw blanket.  I will go to lengths to save these little 'maters because the sucker bugs ruined every tomato on my loaded plants over the summer.

I found a box that will hold 50 Rams in my closet.  It was holding a bunch of 3 ml 10" fish bags but I needed it for shipping.  I'm hoping that this guys check will be in my mail box today.  If not it should be Monday.  But when it arrives, I will wait for it to clear the bank before I ship.  Even though this guy has been a good customer in the past, he has always paid a PayPal invoice.  This time he wants to bypass his credit card and send me a check.  Something sounds not quite right about that.  I mean, he say's he's just a hobbyist and he wants 50 Rams?  Don't y'all think that's strange?  Yes, I gave him a good price but not so good that he could make any money reselling them.  Wouldn't you guys think that something doesn't seem right or have I become suspicious in my old age?

I'm doing nothing but wasting time today.  I'm allowed.  I am retired and I have nobody to take care of my my own self.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

It's a good thing I don't have young discus, Liz!  ;) 

Boy!...we've had 2 storms pass thru this afternoon and tonight!...strong winds with horizontal rain...the second one on when I was in Costco and ready to leave...I just stood outside with my cart and quite a few there's waiting for it to let up... I waited about 0 minutes...

Just finished a rotisserie chicken from Costco for our dinner... |eat| |eat| |eat|

Guess I'll finish watching the Norte Dame-Stanford game...hated to see Alabama lose today...I have a granddaughter who's a sophomore there...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron