• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 23, 2024, 12:06:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 875
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 207
Total: 207

An excellent Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, October 13, 2022, 12:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Can you believe this?  One of my past Ram customers who has purchased may blacks and Dutch blues from me asked about a bulk order of 25 of each.  I gave him a price that is good for both me and for him.  He wants to send me a check for these which is fine with me.  I'll still have plenty left to sell as pairs, but this big purchase sure will open up tank space and put a large amount of money in my pocket in one fell swoop.

I just got done moving a spawn of baby Discus.  I need to take pics of the ones for sale and post them on Simply.  I have 2 groups of 6 plus a few left overs that I have no use for.  I also moved my huge batch of Mystery snails from 3 different clutches.  They were happy but cramped in their 5 gallon but to me is was way too many snails in too small a space.  I was able to scoop up most of them and move them but I know there are quite a few of them left in the 5 that I'll have to net up and move over the next few days.  Moving the fish and snails was fun work.

My favorite neighbor, Judy was out in the back yard feeding the birds when I was scooting back home after taking the dogs for their run.  The dogs and I both enjoy our morning scoot/run.  Her husband of 53 years, Jack died not long ago and then she got Covid.  She was big time sick for 3 weeks but never had to go to the hospital.  I stopped to chat with her.  She looked great and she feel as well as she did before those things happened.  The fact that the bad stuff was in the past.  She was alive and healthy.  I think that she feels free. She has been a care taker for years and she no longer has to do that.  (Of course that's just my opinion).  What made me thing that was that she said that she woke up this morning looking forward to the day.  Do Y'all wake up looking forward to the day? 

If my body holds up I would like to do something to the kitchen after my cooking frenzy yesterday.  The house needs a good sweep and mopping as well, but I'll be lucky if I get to the sweeping.  My pain meds let me feel pretty good in the morning after a long time on the bed to give my spine a rest.  They do pretty well for 4 hrs.  I'm allowed to take another dose at 2 but they don't help much even after a nap.  I take my 3 dose at 8 but my back is ready for bed by then.  The alarm goes off at 2 am to tell me it's time for my 4th dose.  I really don't need the alarm.  If I miss it for some reason my body wakes me up and tells me it's time.  It's a bitch to know that as time goes on this condition will only get worse.  Oh well, it is what it is.  I still get to have some fun, thanks to the fish.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Liz, when I come visit in Springtime, I promise you we will have fun while I am there.  I specialize in fun when visiting friends/relatives.  We will go places and do things.  Glad you have made some good fish sales too! My babies are so cute, and they are eating everything I offer them.  Even going to the top of the tank to grab the floating FDBW!  I thought that would take awhile.  I  am really enjoying them!

Willie and Ron what are you guys up to today?  Or tonight?  I had a garden club meeting, visited a friend's garden to give her advice she asked for with her garden, and visited  my mom with iced coffee, cookies and a flower arrangement I made for her.  Later I go downtown to walk along the waterfront with my walking group, we all have "issues" that make us walk slower than the fast walkers group. 
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on October 13, 2022, 02:25:50 PM
Liz, when I come visit in Springtime, I promise you we will have fun while I am there.  I specialize in fun when visiting friends/relatives.  We will go places and do things.  Glad you have made some good fish sales too! My babies are so cute, and they are eating everything I offer them.  Even going to the top of the tank to grab the floating FDBW!  I thought that would take awhile.  I  am really enjoying them!

Willie and Ron what are you guys up to today?  Or tonight?  I had a garden club meeting, visited a friend's garden to give her advice she asked for with her garden, and visited  my mom with iced coffee, cookies and a flower arrangement I made for her.  Later I go downtown to walk along the waterfront with my walking group, we all have "issues" that make us walk slower than the fast walkers group. 
Barb

Barb I already posted that earlier this morning. lol

« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:09:08 am »

QuoteModifyRemove

Good morning everyone. It is a cloudy and turning stormy day here in Delmarva with the rain starting up around noon and coming down off and on throughout the whole day.

I am on my way to the eye doctor this morning and today I am supposed to get my eyes dilated which I hate. Luckily with all of the clouds around I should not need to wear those terrible shades for the few hours it takes my eyes to get back to normal.

It's time for me to get moving so I'll check on you all later. Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Looks like Liz and Barb are in for some fun this spring!... |^|

Lucy had a small card class this afternoon, so I went grocery shopping for a few things... most of the day I just putzed doing little things...tomorrow we're going to take a boat ride on the Dolly on Canyon Lake...it's been awhile since we took the ride...hope to see the mountain sheep...

Willie, I hope nothing is real bad with your eyes...
Liz, congrats on your big order for fish..
Barb, glad you can still visit and share good moments with your Mom and walking friends...

You guys have great days tomorrow....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron