• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 09, 2024, 01:11:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,381
  • Total Topics: 18,554
  • Online today: 301
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 228
Total: 228

Warm and Breezy Sunday Start

Started by wsantia1, March 06, 2022, 05:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I missed yesterday so I decided to lead off today. It is currently 60 degrees with a wind blowing in from the south and the temp will get up into the mid 70s by this afternoon.

Rain will come through this evening and will probably last through tomorrow when we will have another 70+ degree day. Spring is knocking on the door folks.

Yesterday was a stressful day as I spent most of the day waiting for a box of guppies that was sent to me via "UPS Next Day Air" on Thursday and has yet to show up. I know that UPS does not deliver on Sunday so I'm sure the box will not show up today either.

I've been in contact with the seller who told me that she will send me another box tomorrow. I've gotten shrimp from her in the past and everything went smoothly but this time not so much. huh

I'm not really doing much today except resting. I went from having a hurting back to feeling good again and now something else popped up. Tendonitis in my right wrist. I forgot how much it hurts and yesterday it was hurting so much that I had to go out and buy a wrist band to help alleviate the pain. I wonder if my TENS machine will help with the tendonitis.

Anyway, have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie et. al.

Today is our March meeting...I have several things to get done before I leave for it...we're having it in the fellowship hall of a church this month...trying new places...it's tough when we never know how many members are going to attend...fire Marshall rules limit so many places that don't cost us to meet...

It's 41 and going to 61 today and mostly sunny!...

I'm sorry you have that tendinitis, Willie...not fun at all...

I just looked in and the discus are stil guarding the eggs...only about 3 white ones so far...
Also, last night both species of my kilies were spawning and so were som cories...! This cool weather change may have released some hormones!!!....

Everyone have a good day today....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good morning Willie and Ron, sorry about the  lost- in- shipment fish Willie.  I always feel so sorry for the fish, Liz told me she only worries about the customer.  Holy cow Ron, Discus spawning already! Many Discus keepers only dream of this.  Let us know how they do, but I do understand about not wanting to breed them or grow them out.  Just way too much work unless you want to do it. 

Willie, I have had your wrist problem, and the Tens does help it.  So does heat, as in a sock of rice heated up in the microwave for a min.  or more.  Wrap your wrist in it, feels so good and helps healing.

Liz called me awhile ago and said her new computer has problems already.  So she will take to where she bought it on Tuesday for help.  So we won't hear from her for a few days. Have a good day guys,
Barb

wsantia1

Thanks Ron and Barb. Barb I like the rice idea. I'll try it when I get some downtime today. I used  the TENS on the wrist but now that I know it works I'll let it run longer with a little more intensity.

The fish are still missing. They just disappeared even though they appear in the tracking system. Weird. huh

Liz, sorry about you computer problems. What's wrong with your laptop?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.