• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 10, 2024, 05:34:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,387
  • Total Topics: 18,556
  • Online today: 245
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 62
Total: 62

Happy Saturday

Started by LizStreithorst, August 28, 2021, 10:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  It's a beautiful cooler morning.  We won't have rain until afternoon.  My dogs for today cancelled because they were busy battening hatches.  It's a relief in a way.  Yesterday's dog put a hurtin on my silly back so I'm going to spend today pretty much just chilling.  I really do need to pull weeds since the ground is soft from yesterday's rain, but I sure don't feel like doing all that bending.  Maybe it will help if I do it while sitting on a stool.  They're all tiny weeds in with the wildflowers I planted.

The guy I sent the Ram pair to last week sent me a video of the pair with what looked like millions of babies.  I love it when I get this kind of news from customers who keep me up to date on their progress.

I hope the rest of you have more interesting stuff going on.  I hope none of you are in too much pain.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz. Glad to hear that you are safe and hopefully you don't get too much rain. We will be getting rain here too but it is from a different system that is moving out to sea.

I may head out to a meeting that is has started at 12:00 sp I am late. Nothing else going on at the moment so late is better than never.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

I hope you will be safe, Liz....

Another warm and sunny day here...we're going to drive to Florence and play cards this afternoon if I can tolerate sitting in one spot that long...I guess I can stand and stretch occasionally...!

eBay guy picked up plants last night...brought his cousin and with his high school buddies too...so I got to show off my tanks!...there's usually one in each group that hangs around with a somewhat more serious interest than the others!...that's true of the last 2 fridays...

I need to reserve a trailer to pick up the 75g setup tomorrow....

Have a good day, all...happy aquariuming...! :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I got all my tiny weeds pulled.  I'll have more to pull before my Wildflowers really get going.  I also did something that I used to do every month but havent done in a long time.  Charlotte has to spit out all the grass she cant chew well enough to swallow and spit it out before she eats and drinks.  She's got it down when it comes to her feed.  She spits it out on the ground.  With drinking she forgets and spits it out right into the water trough.  All that green stuff makes for nasty algae that sticks to the surfaces of the trough.  It had gotten so bad that her trough was always nasty.  Today I took a wok spatula (a good strong stainless steel tool) and scrubbed it out several times trying to get as much out as I could.  After I'd done my best I got some concentrated that I poured in.  I made sure that it covered all the little places I couldn't get to.  After rinsing it under pressure several times I filled it with tap water..  Charlotte was still standing there taking sips when I came in to post.  I feel guilty for not having cleaned it in so long.  I'll try to do better.

It's getting overcast and a touch breezy for the rain that wants to come in.  It will just be hit and miss thunderstorms.  The real fun won't start until Monday.  Last time I checked the weather it said the winds wouldn't be as high as they anticipated.  Only in the 20 to 30 mph range.  The winds are my favorite part of a big storm.  I like to see the ferocity of Mother Nature.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good evening folks, I just got home awhile ago from my beach drive, it was a good and fun day but very hot.  I drank a gallon of water I think.  Liz, enjoy the fun tomorrow and let us know how it goes.  Willie, Ron and I will be watching how it is for you.  It may come this way later in the week, I want the rain!
Barb