• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 04, 2024, 11:06:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,380
  • Total Topics: 18,553
  • Online today: 233
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 207
Total: 207

Good Morning Saturday

Started by wsantia1, August 14, 2021, 06:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I got up earlier than usual because of a T-Storm. The storm didn't last long but I couldn't get back to sleep so I got out of bed and started drinking coffee.

It's going to be hot and steamy today with scattered Thorms throughout the day and evening. Our forecasted high temp is 91 degrees which is means the temps will be moving in right direction.

Well I had my MRI yesterday and the report is on my health portal and it doesn't look good. A few bulges here and there along with some other medical jargon that I don't understand.

I'm sure my back doctor hasn't seen this report and she likes to read the images herself to make her own conclusions. I was told by my primary care physician that she is very good and she was not the doctor he referred me to. I had to see her before I could see him.

Anyway another take it easy day for me. I may squeeze in some water changes sometime today to get ahead of them going into next week.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning Willie.  I slept until 7 this morning.  I'm so comfy cosy in my bed with my expensive sheets that were worth the money that I'd have stayed in bed longer except that the dogs demanded that I let them out for their morning bark.

I wore myself out hauling shavings yesterday.  It felt great to be outdoors doing something physical that I still feel the afterglow this morning.  I hear Shawn working the planer making more for me but I'll take a day off from that and give my body a little rest.   

I've got a load of laundry hanging out and after I get myself in gear I'll head to the feed store for the feed the horse, dogs, and chickens will need soon.

It's another hot one here, of course.  We have a pretty good chance of rain in the evening, though.  I sure hope it hits rather than misses.  My growing things would appreciate some moisture from God.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi all!...

Wow!... We had huge Thorms last night!...water still standing in our streets this morning...flash flood warnings through the night...good for the plants...bad for the dumbass ppl who don't heed warnings and get stuck in the flooded streets.... This is reminding me of my first vacation trip to the Westin Resort in Palm Desert...apparently there had been some thorms in the area, because as we drove by this one street and, honest to whatever gods may be, I saw a "NO WAKE" a-board sign in the middle of the street!!!...it struck me so funny to see this in the desert!...no lakes or rivers nearby!!... :o :o :o

The TENS arrived yesterday ...the one Barb has...the more I read the instructions the more I think it's definitely for muscle pain, not nerve pain...so I used it for my back for the suggested 30 minutes...while it was on I didn't notice the sciatic pain, but right after I took it off, I felt it ramping up again... :'( :'( :'( ...I will keep using it for a few days before returning it...any suggestions?...

Today I will work on my small tanks, WCs, wipe downs, moving critters around...still putting off whacking those deformed albino kribs ...I guess I should just do one or two at a time and feed them to my snail tank...I raise them for my puffers...

Also as long as I'm feeling like standing, I think I'll clean up the fishroom a bit...then sit at the computer and pay some bills...

Have a good day folks!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's all somewhat over my head does.  My impression is that it stimulates the muscles that support the aria where it hurts but also calm the nerve pain.  Next time you see your doctor ask him exactly what it does and let me know, please.  If I don't forget I'll ask my pain doctor on Wed. 

I feel like I may have injured my left rotator cuff.  I may try mine on my shoulder before I try it on my back.  I hate that it's taking so long to get here!

I've decided to take the day off even from WC today.  It's not because I'm hurting bad from hauling shavings yesterday but I don't want to put my body in for more stress or I might really hurt.  I want to get back on it tomorrow.  Free unwanted pine shavings.  What more wonderful a thing could I have lucked on.  I keep a horse and chickens that will poop on them and turn them into a rich almost compost.  It's the natural way that the animals feed the plants and both feed us.  Miranda calls me a pioneer woman. lol
Always move forward. Never look back.