• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 07, 2024, 06:14:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,381
  • Total Topics: 18,554
  • Online today: 357
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 247
Total: 247

A Thrilling Thursday

Started by Ron Sower, July 29, 2021, 11:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I woke up early, 6:30...Was inspired...started my exercises in bed after a few minutes...put Waylon Jennings on Google Home and rocked it!.... |^|...I've figured out how to do some of the exercises at home without the walking parallel bars, too, which extends the number of things I can do to move forward faster...safety is always on top of my mind...then when Miss Lucy got up I walked on into the kitchen forgetting my cane!!! :D....   I see the surgeon today in a couple hours, and I think he'll remove the stitching tape and staples....   It's gonna be a good day! |^| |^| |^| |^|

Greg, good to see your input here from time to time....tell us what you're doing fishwise...

My Congo tank is on slow grow mode for the plants...I'd turned the lights down to about  10% because I presumed I wouldn't be able to trim for a few weeks...I was right...
So I've been doing just WCs without trimming and gravel vac...so in that tank there is a buildup of algae on the glass....I may try to wipe/scrape that off this afternoon if I'm still feeling like I do now...

Well, all you muggers out there, hope you have a good day, and happy aquariuming!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Ron, sounds like you are really healing up well and good for you to be doing all the exercises, etc.  I know of some who really slack on those and it take a lot longer to get back to normal, if they ever do.  My neighbor needs a hip replacement soon, she will be one of the slackers I know. 

Last night was an hour long storm here, wind, rain, and the sky was yellow for awhile, just before sunset.  But all is well today and the yard sure liked all that water.  I think there was about 2" of it.   My goldfish always love the fresh rainwater, instead of what I have to offer from the hose. 

How are the rest of you today?
Barb

LizStreithorst

Happy Thrilling Thursday to you, Ron.  Your hard work is paying off.  I'm happy for you.

I had a productive morning but now it's hot as hell outside and I'm sitting after all the garden work I got done.  My Moon Flower seeds planted.  Felder says that I should have flowers this fall.  I can't wait.  With all the dead cleome and weeds pulled I had a place to plant my 4 O'clocks and also some left over wildflower seeds.  You never know about the weather but I hope to have 3 pretty flower gardens and a mass of moon flowers growing on the wood fence in front of my pasture.  It will be stunning if it works to plan.

My Ram fry from the Black/Gold cross are still very small but appear to be 1/2 black and 1/2 gold which is what I hoped for.   When the fry grow big enough to snap a pic of them with their parents I'll post them for sale on AB.  It's a good young parent raising pair and I'll put a high price on them.  If they don't sell I'm happy to keep them myself.  My other pair is still productive but they're getting a little long in the tooth.

Remember that lady who called me from her pet store in FL who called me saying that she would buy all the black rams that I can breed?  I decided that she was full of hot air.  She said that she would take all the blacks I could breed but what that really means is that she will take these 50 I have left now.   Was trying to make herself out to be a big deal to impress me.  Hell, what she is as a lady and her husband opening a fish store somewhere in Fla.  How big a deal can she be. I'll keep doing what I'm doing and sell them on AB.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 29, 2021, 02:23:31 PM
Happy Thrilling Thursday to you, Ron.  Your hard work is paying off.  I'm happy for you.

I had a productive morning but now it's hot as hell outside and I'm sitting after all the garden work I got done.  My Moon Flower seeds planted.  Felder says that I should have flowers this fall.  I can't wait.  With all the dead cleome and weeds pulled I had a place to plant my 4 O'clocks and also some left over wildflower seeds.  You never know about the weather but I hope to have 3 pretty flower gardens and a mass of moon flowers growing on the wood fence in front of my pasture.  It will be stunning if it works to plan.l

My Ram fry from the Black/Gold cross are still very small but appear to be 1/2 black and 1/2 gold which is what I hoped for.   When the fry grow big enough to snap a pic of them with their parents I'll post them for sale on AB.  It's a good young parent raising pair and I'll put a high price on them.  If they don't sell I'm happy to keep them myself.  My other pair is still productive but they're getting a little long in the tooth.

Remember that lady who called me from her pet store in FL who called me saying that she would buy all the black rams that I can breed?  I decided that she was full of hot air.  She said that she would take all the blacks I could breed but what that really means is that she will take these 50 I have left now.   Was trying to make herself out to be a big deal to impress me.  Hell, what she is as a lady and her husband opening a fish store somewhere in Fla.  How big a deal can she be. I'll keep doing what I'm doing and sell them on AB.
I've learned the hard way that things that seem too good to be true usually are!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Good visit with the surgeon... basically keep on keeping on with what I'm doing...
I'd been told all along before that the rehab was most important for true success with the surgery...that's been my ultimate goal....

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

I've been somewhat out of the loop today because I had to run errands and pick up my company at the train station. I also had PT. Glad to hear that the rehab is working out for you Ron. Hopefully everyone had a great day. I'll check in earlier tomorrow.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.