• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 17, 2024, 07:18:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,396
  • Total Topics: 18,558
  • Online today: 304
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 282
Total: 282

Monday, Monday...so good to me...

Started by Ron Sower, May 17, 2021, 01:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...Hey gang! I made it home last night and none to soon for me...Lucy was ready also!...

...it was a long 17 days...especially since the first 12 were too cold to suit me...actually it was in the 60s but the wind and constant grey overcast worked on me physically and mentally...I'll try to upload a pic of me while we were at the first weekend of the softball games...

...Stan and Barb took wonderful care of my aquaria...I had fishfood packets taped to each tank to feed every other day...I reduced my lighting on the planted tanks to prevent algae taking over since i didn't want him to have to do w/c...the floaters have done extremely well and will require some serious thinning this week...

...while gone my small group of male guppies has blossomed with tail size and color!...they are red mosaics...so it's time to cull and put them back with the females for some incestuous breeding attempts!...

...today is the day to get over to my "job" and maintain the office tank for the NP...as soon as Lucy gets back from her nail appointment, I'll take off (when we sold Tweetie Bird we just kept the Jeep Latitude...we decided we don't need the cost of a second car's upkeep...we're managing fine for a two people that have always had their own car and therefore the freedom to go where and when they wanted to...

...gotta cut this short and get plants ready to deliver to my ebay guy!...

...you all have a good day...Missed you!..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron?  Who is this Ron, this masked man who has invaded our friendly little group?  Oh, wait a minute...it's starting to come back to me...The hula skirt, Arizona...It's Ron Sower!!!  Welcome home stranger.  It's good to have you back!

The weather report kept saying it would be sunny for days longer here.  When this morning's report said that there would be showers off and on I didn't believe it and hung laundry out.  Luckily it just started to drizzle when I went out to collect eggs so I did my old lady fast walk and brought it all back in and gave it a few minutes in the dryer.

I got the rest of my Impatiens settled in their new bed beforehand so I'm sure they enjoyed the moisture.  From the way it looks we're in for more light showers.

I got my box o' fish sent off and except for WC which I just finished I've been mostly sitting on my lazy old lady arse.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Ron, welcome back!  I'm sure the Arizona heat is welcome.  I couldn't live in the northwest, too much gray and rain.  Glad to hear all is well with your tanks.  Hi Liz, sounds like a fun day!  I sure could use rain here, all is so dry.  My neighbor found a duck sitting on a nest with 12 eggs, right next to the side of her house, only a few feet from her garage door.  We are keeping watch for ducklings.  Maybe I can get a pic of them when they hatch, if mom keeps them around here.
Barb