• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 28, 2024, 02:11:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,373
  • Total Topics: 18,549
  • Online today: 338
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 198
Total: 198

Chilly Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, December 16, 2020, 07:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is a pretty cold day at 32 degrees but fortunately for us the temps will get up to a high of 41 degrees and we should avoid the snow from the storm that's getting ready to pound the northeast.

We will be getting over an inch of rain and that would generate more than 10 inches of snow if we had freezing temps.

I will be staying inside most of today. There are water changes to do and maybe some light house cleaning. I haven't done much around here in the last couple of weeks (I kept up with WCs) so I need to get it together. The cold weather forces me to do the inside chores that I like to neglect.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, Liz, Ron and Dennis! Yes, nothing like cold wet weather to keep us inside cleaning house and doing chores.  Same here, cold and wet but no snow or ice.  Thank goodness, I have enough other things to take care of these days.  My fish are all well, those regular wc's make all the difference in their health, right?

Today is "help mom day" and since I don't have Covid I will feel better about being with her, still with my mask on though.  Next Monday I will go for an antibody test.  Yesterday I drove by a mall in Jacksonville, there was a truck with 4 nurses in PPE, taking nasal swabs from the over 100 cars lined up all around the parking lot, with at least 2 people per car.  It was very windy and bitter cold, I felt so sorry for all of them, especially those nurses.  It was a sad sight.  For my test last Sat. I was in line with only 6 cars, I was very lucky. I was done in less than 30 min.  Those people I saw yesterday were there for hours in line.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 16, 2020, 07:18:45 AM
Good morning everyone. It is a pretty cold day at 32 degrees but fortunately for us the temps will get up to a high of 41 degrees and we should avoid the snow from the storm that's getting ready to pound the northeast.

We will be getting over an inch of rain and that would generate more than 10 inches of snow if we had freezing temps.

I will be staying inside most of today. There are water changes to do and maybe some light house cleaning. I haven't done much around here in the last couple of weeks (I kept up with WCs) so I need to get it together. The cold weather forces me to do the inside chores that I like to neglect.

Wishing everyone a great day.

The temp did not go up as quickly as forecasted  so we have gotten about an inch of that heavy wet snow. The temps are still going to be climbing the rest of the day so hopefully this snow is just on the ground for a few hours. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi guys.  Barb, you sound much more up-beat today.  Reveling in your negative Covid test?  Willie, sorry for the miserable weather.  You should move farther down south.

It's humid, overcast and in the mid 40's here.  A constant light breeze makes the cold go right through to your core.  I was out this morning feeding the horse and collecting eggs, then again again to the vet in Hattiesburg for heart meds for little Tink.  I plan on hibernating until it's time to feed the horse dinner.

I was never fond of the cold, but now that I no longer have goats to milk and feed twice a day come hell or high water and don't have a job I have to make my self go to regardless of weather I hate it even more!  I suppose I should make myself go out and face it more, but it's too cold to go out!

Ron, I have a question about BBA that you might know about since you're a plant person.  I have some of it in a few tanks but thanks to my Siamese Algae eaters it isn't noticeable.  It's out of control in my Betta tanks.  Google sent me to this possible answer.  I will also cut down on the hrs of light and start changing water twice a week, or more if I have to.  I might move the 8 long finned albino BN to a tank in the fish room so I don't have to feed algae wafers. I'll be going to the Pet Store tomorrow and will pick up a bottle of Flourish Excel if you think there's a chance of it working.  I have the H2O2.

Always move forward. Never look back.