• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 29, 2024, 05:23:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,373
  • Total Topics: 18,549
  • Online today: 202
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208

Hate them meeses to pieces Sunday

Started by LizStreithorst, December 13, 2020, 12:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I decided to have fun cooking today.  I'm making Chef Paul's Famous Chicken.  I love all the prep work involved and it always comes out tasting heavenly.

I had all the veggies and chicken thighs browned and put in the baking pan as I was pre-heating the oven, just waiting for it to reach temp before putting the chicken in.  Suddenly I started smelling smoke.  I looked in the oven and there was a fire going on the bottom where the gas burners were.  I pulled of the pan covering the bottom of the oven and there was a pile of dog kibbles on fire!  The little bastards had chewed their way in through the bottom of the sink and somehow make it into the oven to hide their stash!  Is this gross or what.

I'll have to wait until everything cools before I can vacuum what's left of the kibbles out and clean the oven up so I can stand to eat something cooked in it.  I hope it doesn't ruined what should make 8 wonderfully tasty meals.  As long as I am able to get everything well cleaned I think it will be OK.

It's still warm here but not shorts weather.  I'll be running to Hattiesburg after I stick the chicken in the oven.  I need to pick up a couple of my expensive smokes.  After that, nothing but a little house cleaning.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz and everyone. I've been out most of the day enjoying this fine weather. It is 58 degrees now but it was in the 60s earlier. Rain moves in tonight and last most of the day tomorrow.

I'm back in the house now and I have a nice porterhouse marinating in the fridge since last night but I am not hungry. huh I don't thing another day in the marinade will hurt anything so I'll have an early dinner tomorrow.

Barb, did you get your results yet?  Hoping everything comes back negative.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

She said that it usually takes several days to get the results.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie. I almost laughed at the fire story,  dang little creatures.  I bet the chicken will be good though. Willie your steak will be even better with one more day of marinating.  I just had a 2 hr nap, way long for me.  I hope to get results of my test tomorrow.  Going to see a Dr. for a checkup too.  Those Navy Docs at the marine base are great!Will def. let you all know what it is I have. I  don't feel too bad, just enough to let me know I have something.
Barb

Ron Sower

(oops....wrote this yesterday and forgot to hit send...! huh )
...hi folks!...hope everyone is doing okay today...sorry I missed you yesterday...and did I miss Friday too?...I really can't figure where the time goes... huh

...today is another low 60s day...good weather for decorating the golf cart...we're getting close to finishing it...today we'll be adding lights to all the other stuff we've put on it...

...before we do that I've got to head to WallyWorld and the "brownie" store and Harbor Freight...at HF I want to get some long, needle nose pliers to work with the dragonstone....I'm using some 11'' tweezers but can't get the strength in them to work well with some of the time....

...Those Leopoldi angels i got are still hiding in a back corner...even the Brilliant Rasboras are hanging out back there more than usual... >:( >:(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron