• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 23, 2024, 02:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 245
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

Tuesday morn'n coffee...>

Started by Mugwump, December 31, 2019, 03:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Morn'n all. :)....coffee's very good..grab yourself a cup  :)

....a windy, snowy, and cold beginning to our day...22degs, wc 9degs.......they say it'll continue into the afternoon hours here... huh

..some fish room putz'n early on....an errand later....then being New Year's eve, we'll hunker down here at home.....it's amateur might tonight... wfwf

..more coffee...brb 
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning all. Great coffee here today. It is currently 40 degrees and going up to 51 under partly sunny skies. Not too much wind at the moment.

Taking it easy this New Years Eve as I have had a really busy and fun filled last 7 days.

First thing on the agenda is water changes and fishroom putzing though. I have quite a mess especially in the tank that has has a dwarf cichlid guarding her fry relentlessly from her partner and possibly two whiptail cats. I will try to them those suckers out so that she can raise her brood.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..pot #2 is brewing...been up since a bit past 2am..... huh.....the winds or the plows rumbling through woke me up....said screw it and rolled out..

...I see a morn'n nap coming for sure...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Dusting of overnight snow on the ground here, maybe an inch. Not too cold, just 26 out there. Weekly grocery shopping to do and nothing else planned. Certainly not going out on New Years Eve. Maybe a nice nap in there someplace.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on December 31, 2019, 08:23:15 AM
Dusting of overnight snow on the ground here, maybe an inch. Not too cold, just 26 out there. Weekly grocery shopping to do and nothing else planned. Certainly not going out on New Years Eve. Maybe a nice nap in there someplace.

....most our snow is blown all over the place...walks/drive partially covered....not bad...

we off to grab a few things at the grocery too....... huh
Jon

Ron Sower

Good morning!...no snow here, but is chilly...49 now going to 59 and mostly cloudy today....

I've been bringing stuff from the old place over and we're getting some of it unpacked and put away...tons of it still left to do...can't believe we had this much stuff in that little ol' park model...!

Today I'm going to go back over and load the golf cart into the trailer, and load up our remaining potted cacti, and bring them over here...

The last items will be the aquarium setup and accessories... and I've got 3 guys from the aquarium club lined up to help me...this will happen Saturday...

One of the gals from the club came by a couple nights ago and offered to plumb in my utility sink into the aquarium room for me...I'll be happy to pay here to do that for me...!! |^|..all this moving and lifting has every joint in my body cussing me.... :D :D

My new 125 is supposed to arrive at the pet shop Friday...I hope he can get it here for me...

I'm missing my aquarium...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

No snow here either.  Was over 60 on Sunday and they are saying back up to 55 by Friday.  It's a very nice 35 right now.

Went to Walmart first thing to stock up.  Every holiday season they give us 10% off everything in the store.  Good time to lay in some supplies.

My best girl is coming over for New Years Eve.  Feeding her a very nice scallop dish with some asparagus and a nice red wine.  Some yummy Mediterranean chocolate chip cookies for desert.

Setting up a few tanks in my old computer office.  Going through what's left out in the fish room looking for viable plants.  I'm amazed all that has survived after months of just light from the windows and basically no heat.

Dennis