• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 23, 2024, 04:14:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 245
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 174
Total: 174

Wednesday=====>

Started by Mugwump, October 04, 2017, 01:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....a bit of rain early but now it's turned into a real pretty day..... |^|

..done more putz'n than anything....tho still managed to get a few things done... :)....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Beautiful here, too.  Slow at work.  Two dogs were on the book and only one showed up.  I gave my chronic fungus her medicated bath and did training with Bruno in town.  He's so hyper aware of every car sound and movement he sees that he doesn't do as well in town but I'm never harsh with him and give he a treat and praise him every time he gets something right.  He's coming along...Bought 4 bags of feed since I was almost out of everything.  Got home, fed fish lunch, collected 3 eggs so far, gave the chickens their treat of scratch. scratch, and best of all got a call from Barb who said that the fish I sent arrived in perfect condition. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 04, 2017, 03:13:50 PM
Beautiful here, too.  Slow at work.  Two dogs were on the book and only one showed up.  I gave my chronic fungus her medicated bath and did training with Bruno in town.  He's so hyper aware of every car sound and movement he sees that he doesn't do as well in town but I'm never harsh with him and give he a treat and praise him every time he gets something right.  He's coming along...Bought 4 bags of feed since I was almost out of everything.  Got home, fed fish lunch, collected 3 eggs so far, gave the chickens their treat of scratch. scratch, and best of all got a call from Barb who said that the fish I sent arrived in perfect condition.

.....that's great !!... |^|...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It is great.  I hate not being able to breath for 3 days when I ship fish.  It's way easier to ship little ones than big ones.  Barb wanted little fish.  I put them all in a 2 mil. bag and triple bagged them.  I use the same method for shipping adult Angels except I use 3 mil bags and use 3 bags for each fish.  It's a toss-up as to whether or not the fish will Puncture the bags with their fins.  Sometimes the fish arrive in perfect, sometimes they arrived in rough shape but survive, some times one or both die.  There must be a better way.  Should I use 4 mil bags for shipping young adult Angels, or what?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 04, 2017, 04:07:58 PM
It is great.  I hate not being able to breath for 3 days when I ship fish.  It's way easier to ship little ones than big ones.  Barb wanted little fish.  I put them all in a 2 mil. bag and triple bagged them.  I use the same method for shipping adult Angels except I use 3 mil bags and use 3 bags for each fish.  It's a toss-up as to whether or not the fish will Puncture the bags with their fins.  Sometimes the fish arrive in perfect, sometimes they arrived in rough shape but survive, some times one or both die.  There must be a better way.  Should I use 4 mil bags for shipping young adult Angels, or what?

I've heard of folks netting out the bigger fish to a bucket, covered with a cloth...to give them 'calm down' time before bagging.....I've tried it on mediums and it seemed to work....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'll try that next time I get up the nerve to advertise adults for sale.  It's a shame that bag buddies are no longer sold.  They had the smallest touch of clove oil in them.  Clove oil is what a lot of Discus people to euthanize a fish.  Bag Buddies contained just enough to calm them down so they wouldn't thrash when their fish box got tossed around.