• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 23, 2024, 04:38:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 245
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 156
Total: 156

Bye bye AOL

Started by Mugwump, July 10, 2017, 01:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

""Today, marks the release of our newest AOL Desktop software?AOL Desktop Gold. With enhanced security features and automatic updates, this version is better, more secure, and has the same look and functionality you know and love. Unlike past versions, it will require a small monthly fee. ""

Now to figure out how to get my email address's out of there..........I guess gmail will work..?....any other suggestions?

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

My understanding is that there is still a free aol if you do nothing you are in the other is 3.99 a month
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

waterboy

LOL small monthly fee I love it. Next month it will be "just a small increase".
I think Gmail is free and also Yahoo.  I have cable and the internet is included (free?) in the tremendously high price.
Your local phone co., if you have a hard line, should also provide internet access but probably pretty slow.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

I have a gmail....I'll use that one......let's see how well it does capturing the AOL addresses for me.... huh.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on July 10, 2017, 01:37:16 PM
My understanding is that there is still a free aol if you do nothing you are in the other is 3.99 a month

""*To avoid being charged the recurring subscription
fee, simply cancel before the free-trial period ends.""
Jon

LizStreithorst

When you figure out how to remove your account.  I have a Yahoo account because it came along with my subscription for a Yahoo dog grooming forum which is long dead.  I have never used that account and I'll be damned if I will pay for it.  This tactic should be illegal.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...just checked and it transferred my 'addy's'.............cool..... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

I use gmail but I have others. One is Outlook.com but I was allowed to keep my msn.com address because I've had it forever. I have Yahoo too but I never use it. Then there is the Comcast.net one that comes free with that 'enormous" cable bill. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 10, 2017, 07:22:38 PM
I use gmail but I have others. One is Outlook.com but I was allowed to keep my msn.com address because I've had it forever. I have Yahoo too but I never use it. Then there is the Comcast.net one that comes free with that 'enormous" cable bill. lol

I've got others too......'throw aways'..... ;)
Jon