• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 06, 2024, 02:30:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,381
  • Total Topics: 18,554
  • Online today: 366
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 305
Total: 305

Good day

Started by LizStreithorst, February 09, 2017, 08:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Iagged up 10 large Angels for Ken and 80 smalls for the wholesaler.  Ken paid for his.  The wholesaler appreciates my gesture and will buy more in a couple of weeks.  After I got home I had an hour to kill before work (my I told my clients that I wouldn't be in till noon).  I'd consolidated a bunch of Adult Angels in a 100 gallon the night before so I came home to an empty 120 and two empty 65 wides. 

I had a 100 gallon that was 'bout bursting at the seams with dime size Angels.  I moved 125 of them to the 120 and 70 to the 65 wide.  It looks like around 100 left in the tank they came from.  They'll be able to stay in those tanks until they're wholesaler size.

Then I went to work and did 3 dogs.  Everyone dropped off just after I opened up and picked up immediately after I called to say their babies were ready.  The dogs were all easy.  I was out of there at 2:30 without even hustling. 

I looked at tanks.  More fish needed elbow room.  There was no getting around it.   I had an empty 65 but I needed more.  I hauled in one of my 150 gallon outside containers.  I never expected I'd need one of those ugly bastards in my lovely fish room, but I needed it and knew I could make it fit.  I found out that a second one would fit and I'd still be manage WC comfortably, not that I ever want to do that.  I filled it with tap, added 3 of my new 250 watt heaters, and 3 4X4 sponges.  Thank God I bought heaters when I did.  I filled 90 gallons of water storage containers and put new heaters and air stones in them, too.  Everyone thought I was crazy having 3 20 amp breakers in the fish room.  They were wrong.

I have just enough air.  I could use more but all the sponges and air stones work unless the water storage containers are totally drained.  They start working again when everything is filling up.   It is acceptable but not ideal.

What do you make of this?  Just yesterday I let the thought of turning the fish room into a grooming room sneak into my mind.  Today I'm all happy. Oh well.  If I were more mentally stable I wouldn't be me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

I'm glad you were just bummed out yesterday and you like the fish again.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Never take what I say to heart unless I say that will to it.  When I say that I will do something it's a done deal.  When I go on a blathering fit I'm just thinking out loud.  This is my safe place to blather. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 09, 2017, 10:42:18 PM
Never take what I say to heart unless I say that will to it.  When I say that I will do something it's a done deal.  When I go on a blathering fit I'm just thinking out loud.  This is my safe place to blather.

LOL.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on February 10, 2017, 06:29:55 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 09, 2017, 10:42:18 PM

LOL.... |^|

We all knew you wouldn't do it anyway.... |^|we like to let you just blather on.... :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wallace

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 09, 2017, 08:12:42 PM

I have just enough air.  I could use more but all the sponges and air stones work unless the water storage containers are totally drained.  They start working again when everything is filling up.   It is acceptable but not ideal.

If you have any little air pumps laying around, you can hook one up so it pumps into one of the outlets, to give a little boost to the system when you need it.
Dan