• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 23, 2024, 10:46:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,366
  • Total Topics: 18,547
  • Online today: 245
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 113
Total: 114

Saturday Morning....

Started by Mugwump, February 04, 2017, 05:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is very, very good this morn'n.....on anther cold 12deg day....dew point is 6deg's..... huh.....good side is we may top freezing later on this afternoon...heat wave?..

..fish room chores this morn'n....then putz'n ?.....nap?...errand(s)??....

...need more coffee... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Yes coffee is very very good here too. It is only 18 degrees here this morning which is pretty cold for us this year. At least the Sun is out and the wind in mild.

Not much on tap here as the house is clean and the fish water was changed yesterday. May pack a box or 2 with things I am not using or may take some of those thing to Goodwill. Goodwill is not the recommended place but it is the closest. Need to find a veteran's group around here to donate to. huh

Since tomorrow is Superbowl day I will think of something different to cook with my baby back ribs. I have a pound of shrimp in the freezer I can do something with. Maybe I'll get creative., which is something I haven't done in a long time.lol

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 04, 2017, 06:31:52 AM
Yes coffee is very very good here too. It is only 18 degrees here this morning which is pretty cold for us this year. At least the Sun is out and the wind in mild.

Not much on tap here as the house is clean and the fish water was changed yesterday. May pack a box or 2 with things I am not using or may take some of those thing to Goodwill. Goodwill is not the recommended place but it is the closest. Need to find a veteran's group around here to donate to. huh

Since tomorrow is Superbowl day I will think of something different to cook with my baby back ribs. I have a pound of shrimp in the freezer I can do something with. Maybe I'll get creative., which is something I haven't done in a long time.lol

....take your dong out for a walk yet?.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 04, 2017, 06:42:52 AM

Yes and yes. Lol
Willie

Mugwump

...the motor just won't start this morn'n.....putt putt... |brr|.....we're half through pot #2 also..... huh

...whirrrr whirrrr whirrrrr....pop.. poof..sput sput..?  but everybody's fed....had my bowl of Wheaties....it'll get better here soon...maybe an early nap?....

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 04, 2017, 08:20:27 AM
...the motor just won't start this morn'n.....putt putt... |brr|.....we're half through pot #2 also..... huh

...whirrrr whirrrr whirrrrr....pop.. poof..sput sput..?  but everybody's fed....had my bowl of Wheaties....it'll get better here soon...maybe an early nap?....

Still going strong here. I think a lot of it has to do with the bright sunshine we are having at the moment. That can change at anytime. It is also cold but not yet windy.
Willie

wallace

Breezy with showers, but we should be able to do some work on the chicken coop today.

The dong is still growing, must be 110 pounds. ;)
Dan

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on February 04, 2017, 06:42:52 AM

LOL LOL LOL can't be a typo the N and G keys are too far apart, must be a Freudian slip.

Last cup out of the pot this morning. Got some grounds in the last swallow, Yuck.  It has been 8 the last three mornings but the wind has gone down this morning.  Should be getting back up to the low thirties for a while.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

God help me, what have I started?  I blame it on having stayed up late  w!w and  mim.  My dongs have stopped growing.  They're too old to grow :(

I've been feeling kinda emotionally blah for most of the week.  Suddenly it's gone and I feel great, optimistic, even huh  I like this much better.

Driving back and forth to work I finally saw the abandoned house that I rescued my old fashioned Gladiolas from 3 years ago.  I was never able to see a house there before, even during the winter.  I was close to it when I liberated the flower bulbs and still could not see it.    I don't know why I am able to see it from the road now.  I wanted to stop and look at the house that gave me my flowers.  It is an old simple house.  A really huge tree fell on it a long time ago and knocked off the entire front of the house but the rest of it is still standing.  I walked all around it and inside it.  I wondered about the folks who once lived there.  I hoped they died of left before the tree fell.  It was sad but it didn't feel haunted like my Katrina house does.  I spoke to it as I was leaving.  I told it that I was the one who stole it's last flowers and that I had given them a good home and I thanked it for them.  I was all by myself so I didn't feel guilty about doing something that normal people don't do.

Then, a few miles further on I stopped at a place where some new people live.   They moved a portable building into a place where a guy rents space for cheap basic mobile homes.  He put his building far away from the ugly trailers.  I love his portable building.  I looked at the same building once to may be set up as a home grooming shop.  It costs $8,300.  He has a bunch of junk for sale close to the road.  I'd been eyeing a yard swing he had there all week.  I stopped and the guy saw me and came up.  Young guy.  No teeth.  That means meth.  But he was polite, introduced himself, and we shook hands.  The swing was $50.  It wasn't very well made but it was made well enough for little me to on and not fall apart.  He said that he was a carpenter by trade.  God bless who ever hires him for a carpentry job ::)  I bought the swing.  He offered to drive behind me to set the swing up.  I passed on that.  I don't want a polite meth guy knowing where I live. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 04, 2017, 02:27:34 PM
God help me, what have I started?  I blame it on having stayed up late  w!w and  mim.  My dongs have stopped growing.  They're too old to grow :(

I've been feeling kinda emotionally blah for most of the week.  Suddenly it's gone and I feel great, optimistic, even huh  I like this much better.

Driving back and forth to work I finally saw the abandoned house that I rescued my old fashioned Gladiolas from 3 years ago.  I was never able to see a house there before, even during the winter.  I was close to it when I liberated the flower bulbs and still could not see it.    I don't know why I am able to see it from the road now.  I wanted to stop and look at the house that gave me my flowers.  It is an old simple house.  A really huge tree fell on it a long time ago and knocked off the entire front of the house but the rest of it is still standing.  I walked all around it and inside it.  I wondered about the folks who once lived there.  I hoped they died of left before the tree fell.  It was sad but it didn't feel haunted like my Katrina house does.  I spoke to it as I was leaving.  I told it that I was the one who stole it's last flowers and that I had given them a good home and I thanked it for them.  I was all by myself so I didn't feel guilty about doing something that normal people don't do.

Then, a few miles further on I stopped at a place where some new people live.   They moved a portable building into a place where a guy rents space for cheap basic mobile homes.  He put his building far away from the ugly trailers.  I love his portable building.  I looked at the same building once to may be set up as a home grooming shop.  It costs $8,300.  He has a bunch of junk for sale close to the road.  I'd been eyeing a yard swing he had there all week.  I stopped and the guy saw me and came up.  Young guy.  No teeth.  That means meth.  But he was polite, introduced himself, and we shook hands.  The swing was $50.  It wasn't very well made but it was made well enough for little me to on and not fall apart.  He said that he was a carpenter by trade.  God bless who ever hires him for a carpentry job ::)  I bought the swing.  He offered to drive behind me to set the swing up.  I passed on that.  I don't want a polite meth guy knowing where I live.

...good for you....we love our swing....and I like roaming old houses too.....something about them that draws me there, when I can find them.... huh
Jon

wallace

I'm told that my old house was abandoned for years during the great depression... so you never know what or who might come along. There is a little country cemetery a mile from here, and wandering through it I found about seven graves of people who once lived in this house. Some day maybe a future resident will see my grave there too.

I'm having bookhoarder's anxiety today. We are moving 4 bookshelves out of the fishoffice to the bedrooms upstairs.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on February 04, 2017, 03:35:03 PM

I'm told that my old house was abandoned for years during the great depression... so you never know what or who might come along. There is a little country cemetery a mile from here, and wandering through it I found about seven graves of people who once lived in this house. Some day maybe a future resident will see my grave there too.

I'm having bookhoarder's anxiety today. We are moving 4 bookshelves out of the fishoffice to the bedrooms upstairs.

...there was a little book shop off Green street in Pasadena that I used to wander through occasionally.......not necessarily the best sellers, just old books...some very old..there were a few gems to be found in there too....I found the play 'The Birds' by Aristophanes.....just a small book.....I still have it here.....Libraries are the same way....look for the older archive sections, sometimes in a cellar, or upper room(s).....I can roam in there until I lose track of time.....the books, the smells, the ambiance ......try it sometime.....so peaceful.... 2c2
Jon

LizStreithorst

Anxiety about hoarding books is not allowed.  Every time I've thrown away a book I have come to regret it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

wallace

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 04, 2017, 04:45:31 PM
Anxiety about hoarding books is not allowed.  Every time I've thrown away a book I have come to regret it.

Not to worry, I can't throw a book away. Just moved a bunch upstairs. It will be better because I couldn't get to them anyway, without moving some. Now I need to make more shelves, there are thousands of them stacked on the floor with no place to go.

Dan