• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:03:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,352
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 907
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 902
Total: 902

GCCA swap on Dec 7th

Started by Mugwump, November 18, 2014, 06:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdKaz

SERIOUSLY ???

Nothings says "Welcome to our club" like sticking a new  guy waaaay back in a corner :(

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on December 04, 2014, 11:02:22 AM
SERIOUSLY ???

Nothings says "Welcome to our club" like sticking a new  guy waaaay back in a corner :(

What?...no 'carte blanche' ???.....LOL....I'm right next to you Ed..... ;D....been there the last couple of swaps....a table's a table....no one stops up front first, they'd be trampled by folks coming in...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

QuoteWhat?...no 'carte blanche' ???.....LOL...

Sure the hell didnt expect carte blanche....or front row ......................but didnt expect to have a table half buried by one in front of it, in the far recesses of the room either......If the layout they posted online is anywhere near to scale, I wonder If I get a half table discount.

Quote.been there the last couple of swaps....a table's a table

Than you wouldnt mind swapping tables.............lol ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on December 04, 2014, 11:49:56 AM
QuoteWhat?...no 'carte blanche' ???.....LOL...

Sure the hell didnt expect carte blanche....or front row ......................but didnt expect to have a table half buried by one in front of it, in the far recesses of the room either......If the layout they posted online is anywhere near to scale, I wonder If I get a half table discount.

Quote.been there the last couple of swaps....a table's a table

Than you wouldnt mind swapping tables.............lol ;)

LOL......don't think so.. ;D  ....LOL...sheesh, I'm right next to you in that corner anyway.....I think that they put names up on a dart board to select the table assignments......we've been all over the place....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I actually prefer a table off the 'beaten path'.  Folks are much more likely to chat and buy your stuff if they don't feel like their are always in someones way.  Lots more opportunities to chat with a nice quite table too.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 04, 2014, 12:12:04 PM
I actually prefer a table off the 'beaten path'.  Folks are much more likely to chat and buy your stuff if they don't feel like their are always in someones way.  Lots more opportunities to chat with a nice quite table too.....

Dennis

It's not really quiet there, but sort of a dead end....Ed's correct, it's not ideal for getting folks access even....you get two folks in there, and then nobody else can truly see what you have to offer....
We're the next table and even there, being on the aisle turn, it gets crowded quickly blocking our table out...While the folks looking for our type of offering will find us, others sometimes don't even notice til the place (crowd) thins out a bit....
There's other tables like that too......they can't all be main stream...

Jon

EdKaz

QuoteI actually prefer a table off the 'beaten path'.  Folks are much more likely to chat and buy your stuff if they don't feel like their are always in someones way.  Lots more opportunities to chat with a nice quite table too.....

"Off the beaten path" would have been FINE by me..........but the table "awarded" me is in a far corner against the wall..........with half of my table blocked off by another row of tables perpendicular to "mine" separated by just 2-3 feet........... While the company at the table NEXT to me kinda tickles me............MY "vendor table" might  as well be in a broom closet.

89 tables total.............3 (THREE) similar situated barely accessible tables.

THIS year NEEDS to end SOON.......... I need a refill on SHIT LUCK

BallAquatics

WOW.  If they can't supply tables of equal quality to the others, these tables should be sold at a discount.  I guess I'd be upset too if I paid top dollar for inferior quality to what everyone else got for their money.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 04, 2014, 02:47:46 PM
WOW.  If they can't supply tables of equal quality to the others, these tables should be sold at a discount.  I guess I'd be upset too if I paid top dollar for inferior quality to what everyone else got for their money.

Dennis

There's about 90 tables, so while they all can't be perfect, they should at least be more accommodating...and they should be allocated to the vendors with more than on table reserved....IMHO...
Jon

ilroost

Not making this one either. Work is getting in the way again. Dang it!!!. Looks like i will be on my way to Lincoln Nebraska

EdKaz

Well there ya go John.  No more need for you  to worry about me "lowballing you out of the water" with the sale of my fish.

I WAS really counting on this Swap to try to make up SOME money. Been a REAL horse shit kinda year and I was REALLY looking forward to this weekend.
SUCKS, but I Cant help but feel I was purposely assigned that mostly inaccessible table.

Sent an email to GCCA telling them they can give the hidden table to some other SUCKER.

Good Luck

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on December 06, 2014, 12:26:40 PM
Well there ya go John.  No more need for you  to worry about me "lowballing you out of the water" with the sale of my fish.

I WAS really counting on this Swap to try to make up SOME money. Been a REAL horse shit kinda year and I was REALLY looking forward to this weekend.
SUCKS, but I Cant help but feel I was purposely assigned that mostly inaccessible table.

Sent an email to GCCA telling them they can give the hidden table to some other SUCKER.

Good Luck

Ed, I do not think that they purposely assigned that table to you...as for you low balling me...LOL...being next to you would have been a gas  ;D....we could have fish price wars...LOL...seriously tho....you were going to take a much better selection than I was this time...we'd have both made some change...and had 'kicks' doing it too...

I know that I'll be wishing that the New Year brings you, and your family, much happiness, my friend.....

Jon

LizStreithorst

Ed, you took all those superb fish and were in a place where you couldn't even sell them cheap :o  All the fish you own have been picked through with a hard eye.  Do what I do, price them high and sell them on Aquabid.  I get $150. for a breeding pair.  Sometimes they sell fast and sometimes they don't sell fast but every time a pair sells, it's that much more tank space and money in my pocket.
Always move forward. Never look back.

EdKaz

QuoteEd, I do not think that they purposely assigned that table to you

So Im SUPPOSED to believe it was just a coincidence that I....the new member/seller... and out of the 90 tables available...........I wound up with the Shittiest, least accessible LEAST DESIRABLE table in the place........in TWO rooms????

Cmon John.....do you REALLY think Im THAT frickin naive.............or stupid?

I just finished with a series of exchanges with Jason Libasci...............GCCA's "webmeister" and "Membership Chair" As well as just now Matt....the "Swap Chair"

What a pleasant piece of SHIT, JASON  turns out to be. ::)

I basically initially  told hm I wasnt going to take the table and if they could,to give it to someone else because of accessibility issues, and that I didnt feel it was fair to expect me to pay for THAT table because I couldnt possibly use it. In that initial email I also expressed that I felt that the table assignment for THAT table was somewhat suspect, seeing as I...the new guy wound up with the WORST possible table. 

OF COURSE he, like you suggested it was a "luck of the draw" that I wound up with THAT table blah blah............but HE went on a bit further to say/suggest that because I complained..... I was some ungrateful POS that ruined HIS and GCCA volunteers efforts and holidays.

So I let em have it, in a return email just a lil. 

AS I said, I just finished up with Matt whos ONLY concern was my IN KIND response to his "well respected" fishbuddy Jason.

Now MAYBE I was a little unfair in not mentioning initially that I Have been forced back into my wheelchair,or using my 10 foot wide frickin awesome walker.  The nerve damage in my back and left leg had progressed to a point of complete loss of control of it, and bladder function at random times and with no warning at times in the past 5-6 weeks. (Surgery is scheduled for mid Jan to try to "fix" that issue) But this IS 2014 and the ADA has been around for 30 plus years..........I shouldnt HAVE to embarrass myself any more than I already am, and BEG for "special Ed" accommodations, anymore than an African American needs to beg to use a front door in todays world.

Ya see, I wasnt asking for nor wanted any "special treatment" or "special Table" and didnt want it to appear that way in any way. I just wanted to be able to GET TO My $40 table, just like everyone else can, and or is ABLE to.

As far as fish keeping in general anymore...... Like I was telling you....I NEEDED to get rid of these fish. What I didnt tell you was WHY.............NOW YOU KNOW

I Might keep a few around upstairs to putz around and keep me occupied, but the "entertainment value" of biffing and rolling down some stairs unexpectedly and without warning has gone from KINDA funny, to foolishly painful........ and  Sliding down the stairs on my ass to get downstairs, and crawling back up the damn things has become NO FUN anymore..... IM DONE

Quotebeing next to you would have been a gas  ;D....we could have fish price wars

No doubt we would have had fun with adjoining tables, but I WOULD have for sure won any "fish price wars"if it came to it.............unless you would have been willing to pay people to take your fish. ;)

I PAID FOR THAT TABLE VIA PAYPAL.... It SHOULD be vacant..............Ill "share" MY space with you.........go ahead and use it if you want.

Oh............and If you happen to run into that Jason Character at the swap, give him a big ole sloppy wet kiss for me tell him Im sorry for "treating him so badly in complaining about my inaccessible table".

EdKaz

QuoteEd, you took all those superb fish and were in a place where you couldn't even sell them cheap :o

No, I DID NOT take the fish anywhere. The swap is tomorrow.

The layout for the tables is online at GCCA....Ive been to enough of their swaps to know that the table they "blessed" me with  is in NO WAY useable for me,(let alone an able bodied person)  or worth the hassles to even load anything up.............cept maybe a coffee maker, a pillow and a box of depends because If by some chance I can get back there at all, I sure the hell aint getting back out till the end.