• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 10, 2024, 04:25:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,385
  • Total Topics: 18,556
  • Online today: 245
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 174
Total: 174

GCCA swap on Dec 7th

Started by Mugwump, November 18, 2014, 06:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Listen, I can somehow find room for a real fishbox of your fish and sell them on Aquabid for you and send you the proceeds.  I can send you the box and all the stuff for shipping.  Just don't get disgusted and quit the hobby.  You're too good to quit.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

Sorry to hear of your problems Ed.Hope things get better for you.
I really love your angels and it is obvious that you know your fish. You have some of the best looking angels around.
It's a shame that they couldn't treat you better. I would say you have a legitamate complaint

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Have a great Swap Jon. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I made tank space today. . I loaded 6 buckets of fry, and 30 adults, for the swap...like always the buckets were filled with water from the tanks housing those fish....we got to the swap, filled our three tanks with aged water....opened the lids of the buckets and every single fish was dead, or damn close....wonderful, huh?....I about got sick to my stomach...we've been doing these swaps for close to 8 yrs now...never had an issue like oxygen deprivation in our buckets.....no ammonia smell, or any other smell at all...the few that were still about to die were gasping hard...even popping em in the tanks didn't do any good...
   So we emptied the tanks, I took the dead fish out and threw them on a grassy area on the edge of the parking lot...at least the birds got a good meal and/or the grass will be really green next spring....
   We stayed for a bit, and Jan got a few things...then we just came home minus about of our 250-300 fish...

They must have listened to Ed somewhere along the line...they removed the table right across from his.....but then some hotel nut put a nice big decorated Xmas tree there...for the love of ....??...

Surprised us....a pretty decent crowd attended....oh well....maybe next time...??? ??? ???

Sorry no pics this time.....I'll be using my inverter next for air pumps from now on....never happened before this...and for sure, it's never going to happen again.....ever...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Geez....what an awful catastrophe.  So sorry this happened to you and to your fish.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

I'm sorry Mug.  Two good people screwed with this swap. 

wsantia1

Jon, so sorry to hear of your misfortune. :(
Willie

ilroost

That sucks. I heard from a couple of friends that there was a big turn out.
Did you sell out of the rest?

LizStreithorst

There were no "rest" they were all either dead or close to dead. 

ilroost

I reread it and your right. Dang that sucks

Mugwump

Thanks for your concern folks....Jan and I, did get to talk awhile with Frank and his lovely bride....from the sounds of it they're talking of opening a shop next summer??.....some fish, and some plant & wood creations that Frank is very good at too....it should do very well...
...Talked with Josie and her aunt Miranda too....I asked if those white tipped BN that she has were from the pair that she had gotten from us a year ago, or so....she said good heaven's yes...and they haven't stopped producing fry since day one.....LOLOLOL.....I should have known because were Cougar/Stud Muffin BN's....now that pair has fry in most the states in the US for sure.... ;D the 'cougar' lives on.......yeeeeehaaaaa... 8)
Jon

LizStreithorst

You, Jan, Cougar and Stud Muffin have spread the joy.  That's the way it should be :D

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 07, 2014, 05:27:04 PM
You, Jan, Cougar and Stud Muffin have spread the joy.  That's the way it should be :D

Yes indeed. There are plenty of white tips from you, Jan and of course the Cougar and Stud Muffin out here too. There would be plenty more if I pulled the cave but for now I have plenty. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

b125killer

That sucks! Sorry to hear about the fish Jon.
Scott