• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 03:25:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 882
Total: 882

random stuff

Started by Mugwump, January 07, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've seen better looking plants but I wouldn't mind being allowed in to glean.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 22, 2015, 03:16:38 PM
I've seen better looking plants but I wouldn't mind being allowed in to glean.

It's probably a very healthy commercial type of strain..??....and I imagine a pretty decent one too if they put all those $$$'s into growing fields of it...plus that equipment doesn't come cheap....WOW...what a rig  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

I'm guessing its for hemp.
Is it known where this is?

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on September 22, 2015, 03:51:06 PM
I'm guessing its for hemp.
Is it known where this is?

With the buds neatly separated in a row....I doubt that's for use as hemp??   w!w

No, I don't know what area that is..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

That is marriwana correct? Sorry I forgot how to spell it and I'm to lazy to google it.

LizStreithorst

Yes dear, that's what it is.  It could also be hemp.  Same plant.  Like everything they can be selectively bred to produce fiber or psychoactive qualities.

big b

Man, with all of those plants, I bet he makes a fortune from it  w!w.

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on September 22, 2015, 05:30:44 PM
Man, with all of those plants, I bet he makes a fortune from it  w!w.

It's surely medicinal marijuana with that volume of plants...and yes...big $$$'s there.. w!w
Jon

LizStreithorst

Industrial farming doesn't make a ton of money.  Mono cropping involves insecticides, herbicides, and heavy heavy equipment.  All that costs a bundle.  It will work for hemp not for pot for smoking to get high.  I sure wouldn't want to put something in my lungs with insecticides sprayed on it.   

They grow medicinal at Mississippi state.  I understand that it's grown to give not much of a high but still have benefits for folks in pain.  I sure hope that they don't do it that way, but they might.  I'd grow my own rather that smoke mono cropped stuff with all the herbicides and insecticides they must have to spray on it. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 22, 2015, 05:47:19 PM
Industrial farming doesn't make a ton of money.  Mono cropping involves insecticides, herbicides, and heavy heavy equipment.  All that costs a bundle.  It will work for hemp not for pot for smoking to get high.  I sure wouldn't want to put something in my lungs with insecticides sprayed on it.   

They grow medicinal at Mississippi state.  I understand that it's grown to give not much of a high but still have benefits for folks in pain.  I sure hope that they don't do it that way, but they might.  I'd grow my own rather that smoke mono cropped stuff with all the herbicides and insecticides they must have to spray on it.

Lots of states that have legalized MJ now, and have farms to grow marijuana....most of those have relaxed laws on casual use too. The only thing they haven't done is regulate the chemicals used in insect and mold control. The government wants no part in it so many are turning to processes set up by the tobacco industry...which are regulated and approved safe....I tend to disagree on potency because a lot of big bucks are made from just the casual users alone. Colorado alone made over $700 million last year in revenue, Washington about $250 million....and so on.....the big dollars are flowing, and as more states go this way, it will only continue to be a money maker.....
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

BillT

There are manyy different strains of pot.
Some for hemp.
Some for medical.
Some for fun.
The hemp strains ones are low in psychoactive compounds.
At least some medical ones have lowered psychoactive compounds but increased compounds thoguh to have positive medical effects. Not as unfun as the hemp strains though, but some are quite strong.

Since it has been legalized, some stated have been doing chemical screens on pot, especially medical and have found cases where they were contaminated with pesticides as Liz mentioned.
Probably best to grow your own.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on September 23, 2015, 01:14:09 PM
There are manyy different strains of pot.
Some for hemp.
Some for medical.
Some for fun.
The hemp strains ones are low in psychoactive compounds.
At least some medical ones have lowered psychoactive compounds but increased compounds thoguh to have positive medical effects. Not as unfun as the hemp strains though, but some are quite strong.

Since it has been legalized, some stated have been don't chemical screens on pot, especially medical and have found cases where they were contaminated with pesticides as Liz mentioned.
Probably best to grow your own.

I should try that.... |^| =;-)  |^|
Jon

Mugwump

Jon