• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 08:34:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 406
Total: 406

PHILIPPINE BLUE DANTUM PROJECT

Started by ghonk, February 01, 2016, 12:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on February 05, 2016, 12:53:17 PM
Calling a fish pinoy doesn't give enough info of the genetics of the fish,since it can be D/+,D/g or D/D.
You wouldn't call a hybrid black or double dark black a lace,why should all pinoys be lumped together regardless of the genetics.

It just happened.............but yes, it needs to be addressed.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

First spawn,silver X silver.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ghonk

The albinos are easy to spot against their non albino sibling ,a couple days after hatch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_SqFe8ksgo&feature=em-upload_owner

ghonk

The non albinos are doing great,the albinos not so much.
Going to tweak a couple things with whats left of this batch and future one's.
Hopefully this won't end up being a disaster like my PB albinos were a few years ago. 

Mugwump

..good luck, Greg.....root'n for ya.. |^|
Jon

ghonk

Thanks Jon,should know in the next couple days how many are going to make it.
Once they start feeding right it shouldn't be a problem after  that,hope some of the blues survive.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on February 17, 2016, 07:47:27 AM
Thanks Jon,should know in the next couple days how many are going to make it.
Once they start feeding right it shouldn't be a problem after  that,hope some of the blues survive.

+1  |^|   
Jon

ghonk

Second pairing from the Dantum crosses,same silver male with a different silver female.
Going to pair her to a black lace sibling next,i'm confident the lace is a male by the way the pair reacts to him in a divided 29.

//
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg78XOMoKn8&feature=em-upload_owner

Babers

Joel

ghonk

This is a black lace from the Albino Dantum X Pinoy crosses i bought.
I'm confident it's a male but haven't tried pairing it yet,going to add him to one of the female silver siblings tanks soon.

I really like the color it is showing,has a nice amount of rust color on it's top half, and also  nice spotting   
Will get Pinoys,Blue Silvers,Black Lace and Silvers in a sibling cross,including 25% albinos.

After i get a spawn from them i'm going to cross him to my Albino Dantum female,the offspring will be 75% dantum blood with a % being het PB.

ghonk

Going to rearrange my fish room,so i moved the black lace in with the Albino Dantum bachelors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrnRPc33A-Q&feature=youtu.be

Mugwump

...nice vid.....you've got some lookers there... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.