• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 05:18:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

Jon must still be under the weather...

Started by BallAquatics, January 05, 2017, 06:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Working on pot #2.  Got a great nights sleep and lots done this morning.  My first batch of whole wheat bread dough is proofing on top of the freezer.

Still very chilly with powdery snow falling.  Haven't checked to see what the forecast is calling for.

Hope you are feel better soon Jon.

Dennis

Mugwump

Good morn'n.....coffee's very good here ....cold out, around 5deg's at the moment...no sign of snow.. huh

Thanks Dennis.....yep, slept in....and feel'n a bit better with the extra rest....might have this thing licked here soon... huh

..more putz'n for us this morning....nothing really planned as yet....

...for now tho.....more coffee...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I've got a PJ day planned.   ;D ;D ;D

Plenty of stuff I can work on right here on the laptop from the couch.  It's displayed through the Vizio so I don't even need my glasses  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 05, 2017, 07:06:58 AM
I've got a PJ day planned.   ;D ;D ;D

Plenty of stuff I can work on right here on the laptop from the couch.  It's displayed through the Vizio so I don't even need my glasses  LOL

Dennis

....still in my 'loungers' too......and there's no hurry to jump into the fray......none..... |^|..besides, it looks miserable outside.....blah

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning all. Glad to hear Jon is feeling better. I hope Jan is too. Coffee is great this morning and I just finished my first pot.

It's cold for here with temps in the 20s and going up into the 30s. That will get worse as we are targeted for the snow that Dennis is getting now. Luckily for us it will only be a glancing blow as we are only expected to get a inch. It will be our first snow of the season. The flurries we had last week don't count.

Another system is coming up the coast but it is projected to miss us. We'll see as these weather folks are only right about 50% of the time. We probably can look at the models that they look at and be about as accurate as they are.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...time to take my cold med's and go feed the fish.....I'm expecting Sassy to follow me down there one of these times....Manny always helps me.. |^|

...gotta start pot #2 before I do...
Jon

BallAquatics

I may never eat white bread again.....

Dennis

wallace

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 05, 2017, 10:53:44 AM
I may never eat white bread again.....

Dennis

Fresh bread is one of my favorite smells... we have a breadmaker but haven't done much with it lately.
Dan

wallace

It was down to 8? this morning, looking for a high of 22?. Sometimes living in this house is like camping... its 54? in the kitchen and 62? in the fishoffice. Needless to say, there are plenty of watts per gallon in these tanks.
Dan

Mugwump

..it's up to 10drg's now, overcast and gray...winds still blow'n pretty good.....I'm thinking of a hot cup, or two, of soup..
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wallace on January 05, 2017, 11:56:00 AM
It was down to 8? this morning, looking for a high of 22?. Sometimes living in this house is like camping... its 54? in the kitchen and 62? in the fishoffice. Needless to say, there are plenty of watts per gallon in these tanks.

I have customers with money who have these lovely old southern houses.  It costs a fortune just to keep those houses up.  If it weren't for folks with money they'd all be torn down.  Even these folks with money keep their houses at 58 degrees in the winter.  The houses are built to be cool in the summer.

I have had a lovely day so far.  I had one Poodle that comes every other Thursday.  The phone never rang so I left at noon.  Folks know that it's going to get cold.  They'll wait until next week when it warms up again to have the dog groomed.  I came home and cleaned the barn.

I visited Jack and Judy's daughter's place to look at her chicken coop.  Hers doesn't have a floor, she uses hardware cloth to keep predators out. I like that idea more than putting in a floor.  I offered her my broken tractor.  She'll see if  her husband wants it.  I might be mistaken but I think the only thing wrong with it  is a ruptured oil line.  I only want to be able to borrow it once in a blue moon.  I hope he wants it because it has to go.  If he doesn't want it I'll have to call the guy who says he can fix it for me to come get it and fix it.  If oil squirts out everywhere I can't even lift the bush hog up and pull it out with Charlotte.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...why not just get the line fixed?....you'll be glad to have to have it around.. |^|.....if it's just a hose...even a valve cover gasket is pretty cheap..
Jon

LizStreithorst

It's been sitting up for years and it was an old tractor when I bought it.  I bet it needs all it's rubber parts replaced and who knows what else.  Also, I'm kinda spooked.  I water hose broke once.  That hot water blew back on my right leg and I got a burn so bad my skin fell off.  I'd rather give it away and borrow it when I need it.  If that fails the guy who says he can fix it will be my next choice.  To be honest, I'm trying to save money, not spend it.  Oh well.  You do what you have to do.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 05, 2017, 06:31:26 PM
It's been sitting up for years and it was an old tractor when I bought it.  I bet it needs all it's rubber parts replaced and who knows what else.  Also, I'm kinda spooked.  I water hose broke once.  That hot water blew back on my right leg and I got a burn so bad my skin fell off.  I'd rather give it away and borrow it when I need it.  If that fails the guy who says he can fix it will be my next choice.  To be honest, I'm trying to save money, not spend it.  Oh well.  You do what you have to do.

...then you're so right...it's time for the thing to move on.... |^|..... got 'Craigslist' for your area?....maybe some collector would want it to restore ?
Jon