• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 06, 2024, 09:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,381
  • Total Topics: 18,554
  • Online today: 366
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 253
Total: 254

Jon must still be under the weather...

Started by BallAquatics, January 05, 2017, 06:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

lol.  It's not old enough for a collector, or may be it is.  I donno.  I know that everyone who comes to do the stuff I can't do myself asks me about it huh  It's the smallest Kobata tractor.  I bought it used way back when my husband was alive.  It was a work horse.  It has spread countless full loads of manure in the manure spreader.  It has  bush hogged countless acres.  It is small but it is strong.

I will give it to my neighbor if he agrees to have it fixed and let me borrow it.  If not, I will give it to the guy who says he can fix it.  I don't want to sell it. 

I'll muddle through.  Muddling through is my strong suit.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Our first snow of the year is coming down right now. Not an opportune time. I have someone coming to see the house at 9:00 am. If our snow contractor doesn't have my walkway cleared by 8:00 am guess who gets stuck with the job? Luckily we are on supposed to get 1 to 2 inches. I moved into this place so I wouldn't have to do anymore of that crap. At 1 to 2 inches I am pretty sure all I have to do is push the shovel.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 05, 2017, 07:39:06 PM
Our first snow of the year is coming down right now. Not an opportune time. I have someone coming to see the house at 9:00 am. If our snow contractor doesn't have my walkway cleared by 8:00 am guess who gets stuck with the job? Luckily we are on supposed to get 1 to 2 inches. I moved into this place so I wouldn't have to do anymore of that crap. At 1 to 2 inches I am pretty sure all I have to do is push the shovel.  huh

....git 'er done !.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on January 05, 2017, 07:46:53 PM

You gotta do what you gotta do.  I shoveled horse shit and old dead hay out of the horse house and dumped it on the compost pile this afternoon.  My body feels better having done the work.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 05, 2017, 08:14:35 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 05, 2017, 07:46:53 PM

You gotta do what you gotta do.  I shoveled horse shit and old dead hay out of the horse house and dumped it on the compost pile this afternoon.  My body feels better having done the work.

Doing it won't be bad. Paying someone else to do it and ending up doing it yourself is what sucks. But I can't wait for the contractor so I will do what I have to do. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I agree.  It sucks.  I'm sure they didn't say that it would be done when you needed to be done?  Bummer.

You might be lucky.  If not, you'll have no choice but to suck it up and do it.

wallace

Quote from: Mugwump on January 05, 2017, 06:43:04 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 05, 2017, 06:31:26 PM
It's been sitting up for years and it was an old tractor when I bought it.  I bet it needs all it's rubber parts replaced and who knows what else.  Also, I'm kinda spooked.  I water hose broke once.  That hot water blew back on my right leg and I got a burn so bad my skin fell off.  I'd rather give it away and borrow it when I need it.  If that fails the guy who says he can fix it will be my next choice.  To be honest, I'm trying to save money, not spend it.  Oh well.  You do what you have to do.

...then you're so right...it's time for the thing to move on.... |^|..... got 'Craigslist' for your area?....maybe some collector would want it to restore ?

That gives me an idea, there is an old tractor sitting here that I consider worthless,. It won't plow and what good is a tractor that won't plow? so I should put it on CL, maybe somebody wants it.
Dan

LizStreithorst

What do you have that has to be plowed?  I have a plow for my tractor but I have never had a need for it.

wallace

The easiest way to start a garden in the spring is to plow and disc. Then all you have to do is stick seeds in.
Dan

LizStreithorst

I have a disc.  I had a tiller once.  I have rented a tiller twice in 9 years.  For $50 bucks I can use it from Saturday to Monday morning.  They keep it running, not me.  I don't grow row crops.  You must grow row crops.

wallace

Yes, we always had a big garden with corn and veggies until last year. I wanted to spend a lot of time on the boat instead. We have heavy clayish soil and the garden does better if I put it in a different place every year, and the ground that hasn't been plowed in a few years is hard and needs to be turned over.

We just ran out of corn from 2015's garden. I put 200 ears in the freezer... love corn on the cob, dripping with butter. salt, pepper. Nothing else from the garden seems to keep as well when frozen as corn. I don't do anything to it except pull the green part off and vacuum seal it.

Dan