• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 03:23:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 199
Total: 199

Round 2--marble veils..

Started by Mugwump, December 14, 2016, 03:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...a much better spawn this time  |^|...and on the slate too  |^|

Gm/+ Z/+ pb/+ X Gm/+ Z/+ pb/+

3.125%   Gm/Gm - Z/+ - pb/pb - Blue Gold Marble(dd)
3.125%   Gm/Gm - Z/Z - +/pb - Gold Marble(dd)
3.125%   Gm/Gm - +/pb - Gold Marble(dd)
6.25%   Gm/+ - Z/Z - +/pb - Silver Gold Marble Zebra(dd)
6.25%   Gm/Gm - Z/+ - +/pb - Gold Marble(dd)
1.5625%   Gm/Gm - Z/Z - pb/pb - Blue Gold Marble(dd)
1.5625%   Z/Z - pb/pb - Blue Zebra(dd)
1.5625%   Gm/Gm - Z/Z - Gold Marble(dd)
3.125%   Gm/+ - Z/Z - pb/pb - Blue Silver Gold Marble Zebra(dd)
6.25%   Gm/+ - Z/+ - Silver Gold Marble Zebra
1.5625%   +/+ - Silver
3.125%   Gm/+ - Silver Gold Marble
6.25%   Gm/+ - +/pb - Silver Gold Marble
1.5625%   Gm/Gm - Gold Marble(dd)
1.5625%   Z/Z - Zebra(dd)
3.125%   Z/+ - Zebra
3.125%   Z/+ - pb/pb - Blue Zebra
3.125%   +/pb - Silver
6.25%   Z/+ - +/pb - Zebra
3.125%   Gm/+ - pb/pb - Blue Silver Gold Marble
12.5%   Gm/+ - Z/+ - +/pb - Silver Gold Marble Zebra
1.5625%   pb/pb - Blue Silver
3.125%   Gm/+ - Z/Z - Silver Gold Marble Zebra(dd)
3.125%   Z/Z - +/pb - Zebra(dd)
1.5625%   Gm/Gm - pb/pb - Blue Gold Marble(dd)
3.125%   Gm/Gm - Z/+ - Gold Marble(dd)
6.25%   Gm/+ - Z/+ - pb/pb - Blue Silver Gold Marble Zebra
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Congrats. That sounds like a real good batch. I have to find my male BM a new girl friend. He beat the snot out of his old one and I had to separate them. She now has only one ventral fin and her other fins are ragged.

She's coming around in a 40 breeder with two other wounded fish. huh 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

We'll see how they look in the morn'n.......I'm letting them parent raise... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

waterboy

Are those Marbles or Goldmarbles?  Your genetics showed all Goldmarble but they look more like Marbles to me.  My KOI (GM/GM - S/S) don't have nearly that much black. 

Actually, I am the last one that should question them as I have never had any Marbles.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on December 15, 2016, 02:40:40 PM
Are those Marbles or Goldmarbles?  Your genetics showed all Goldmarble but they look more like Marbles to me.  My KOI (GM/GM - S/S) don't have nearly that much black. 

Actually, I am the last one that should question them as I have never had any Marbles.

I'm thinking Gm on these two....but a fry count will tell the story...I don't recall any marble siblings tho... huh...they do carry a zebra which adds to the black coverage...plus no stripeless gene...

Ok modifying this....you got me thinking, so I went down and looking at what siblings I have left from that spawn.....it looks like you may be correct  huh as I don't recall any silver gold marbles either.....which I should have had if the original male had carried a Gm.....I know my original pairing, this pair is an out cross, that there were Gm in a few......so the female must have carried the Gm...while the male did not, which is what I used.....excellent .....thanks for making me revisit this pair...good to reinvigorate the brain cells....LOL
Jon

waterboy

LOL  Got me thinking too. A pretty stupid question based on very little knowledge.  The proper question might have been...Can one tell the difference between a Gm/Gm and a M/M or is the only way to tell by looking at the fry or knowing the genetics?
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on December 16, 2016, 08:42:51 AM
LOL  Got me thinking too. A pretty stupid question based on very little knowledge.  The proper question might have been...Can one tell the difference between a Gm/Gm and a M/M or is the only way to tell by looking at the fry or knowing the genetics?

...the difference between 'Gm/Gm and a M/M' would be less marbling on the 'Gm's.....the gold masking the dark somewhat....remember both Gm and M are incomplete dominant and will express in single dose.....so a Gm/M can be tricky....especially with stripeless involved..and the Gm's are more prone to having gold crown coloring....so a blend can express in many ways.... huh....then there's Gm/+ and M/+....both would express marbling to a lessor extent ..

When you get a spawn hatched out, you can look at the resulting phenotypes/genotypes fry, and counts of each ...then work backwards to get a good idea what the parents carried as genes...
Jon

Mugwump

...still doing a nice job.....I'm seeing a few wigglers popping too.... |^|
Jon

waterboy

Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on December 16, 2016, 12:34:33 PM
Good luck with your batch.

...thanks....I was just down watching them....they are tending nicely and putting the tumbling wigglers back on the slate... |^| ..now to see if they move them ?
Jon

Mugwump

.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....they moved them to the sponge.... |^|

Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on December 16, 2016, 05:26:57 PM
.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....they moved them to the sponge.... |^|

..still there in a mass on the sponge...just a wiggling away..... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

....well.......she's moving them back to the slate now......... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Jon

LizStreithorst

The genetics stuff if over my head.  I just know that they are a beautiful pair and they're caring for their kids.  I shouldn't, but I might be interested in some of their offspring.
Always move forward. Never look back.