• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 07:21:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 137
Total: 137

WC done

Started by LizStreithorst, December 06, 2016, 05:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I had three tank overflows but they were minor.

I looked at the multitudes of baby Angels in the 60 wide and wondered how they would manage all crammed in together until the 15th when I'll have a 120 and 60 wide available.  Then I remembered my 40 cube that had been sitting empty in front of my eyes for weeks waiting for a Discus pair to spawn.  But the two Discus pairs I moved to a 75 aren't interested in sex :'(  I scooped up two big nets full of kids and dumped them in the 40.  I feel better now.  I was having to do such huge daily WC on the crowded 60 that I was always afraid of sucking up kids in the process.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 06, 2016, 05:45:08 PM
I had three tank overflows but they were minor.

I looked at the multitudes of baby Angels in the 60 wide and wondered how they would manage all crammed in together until the 15th when I'll have a 120 and 60 wide available.  Then I remembered my 40 cube that had been sitting empty in front of my eyes for weeks waiting for a Discus pair to spawn.  But the two Discus pairs I moved to a 75 aren't interested in sex :'(  I scooped up two big nets full of kids and dumped them in the 40.  I feel better now.  I was having to do such huge daily WC on the crowded 60 that I was always afraid of sucking up kids in the process.

...too bad the weather is cooler now....your outside tubs would be great for holding....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

If push came to shove I could drag one inside.  I might even be able to get to fit but it would be damn cramped.  I have water storage barrels to age 150 more gallons for WC, too. I don't even know if I make or loose money on these fish that I get a buck a piece for from the wholesaler, given the bagging time and the 50 mile round trip.  It's not worth me investing in a larger air pump, and more heaters. 

I could do it if I wanted to but it would make my fish room more like a commercial operation and less like like a nice place to hang out.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 06, 2016, 06:38:16 PM
If push came to shove I could drag one inside.  I might even be able to get to fit but it would be damn cramped.  I have water storage barrels to age 150 more gallons for WC, too. I don't even know if I make or loose money on these fish that I get a buck a piece for from the wholesaler, given the bagging time and the 50 mile round trip.  It's not worth me investing in a larger air pump, and more heaters. 

I could do it if I wanted to but it would make my fish room more like a commercial operation and less like like a nice place to hang out.

...I hear ya....that would put a crimp in the fun...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson