• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:08:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 267
Total: 267

Tomorrow

Started by LizStreithorst, November 22, 2016, 08:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Tomorrow I'll do a big fish move.  I'll still be a bit overcrowded  but I can get away with it because I'm a water changing fool.  I'll move my huge beautifu but worthless adultl mostly male Angels from a 75 to a the newly repaired 100.  I'll dump a small bunch of adult blue marbles in with them   I'll move the 4 Discus that are driving me crazy into the 75 so than can repair.  Who knows?  A change of partners or a stronger bond with their existing partner might help them raise fry.  I'll dump more adult Blue marbles in the 60 that was vacated by the Discus.

Things will get better.  After Thanksgiving I'll call the wholesaler.  I have 300 assorted small Angels for him.  That will give me 180 gallons of empty tank space!
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

Sounds like you have lots of fun stuff going on.  |^|
Dan

Mugwump

....you need more tanks.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The last thing I need is more tanks.  What I need to do is get off my arse and sell some fish.  I have good adult wi fi Blue Marbles coming out my ears!

I got the fish moved.  Only one tank is overcrowded now, but I've packed them in heavier before...

I had previously moved two Discus pairs from love nests to a 60 wide.  I knew when I did it that it wasn't the right tank for them.  Now that I have them in a 75 they have swimming room.  They are sparing.  Big boy is declaring his dominance but he's taking his licks.  It looks like his wife will choose him other the other male in the tank.  She's doing the shimmy thing.  I'll wait for them to spawn in the 75 and guard their eggs a couple of times before I stick them back in their love nest.  I try everything I can think of with these problematic RSG's.

I moved my 14 (yes, just 14, don't ask) quarter size Discus from a 10 to a 29.  They need a 20 but my 20's have Angel pairs with kids right now.  They don't look as lost as I thought they would in the 29.  I was starting to feel uncomfortable having them in the 10.  It's easy to evaluate little guys when there are only 14.  I have several in the batch that I'm looking forward to watching mature.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 23, 2016, 07:00:28 PM
The last thing I need is more tanks.  What I need to do is get off my arse and sell some fish.  I have good adult wi fi Blue Marbles coming out my ears!

I got the fish moved.  Only one tank is overcrowded now, but I've packed them in heavier before...

I had previously moved two Discus pairs from love nests to a 60 wide.  I knew when I did it that it wasn't the right tank for them.  Now that I have them in a 75 they have swimming room.  They are sparing.  Big boy is declaring his dominance but he's taking his licks.  It looks like his wife will choose him other the other male in the tank.  She's doing the shimmy thing.  I'll wait for them to spawn in the 75 and guard their eggs a couple of times before I stick them back in their love nest.  I try everything I can think of with these problematic RSG's.

I moved my 14 (yes, just 14, don't ask) quarter size Discus from a 10 to a 29.  They need a 20 but my 20's have Angel pairs with kids right now.  They don't look as lost as I thought they would in the 29.  I was starting to feel uncomfortable having them in the 10.  It's easy to evaluate little guys when there are only 14.  I have several in the batch that I'm looking forward to watching mature.

..14 ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

Would it work to put an extra sponge filter or 2 in the 29 to crowd them up a bit?
Dan

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on November 23, 2016, 07:05:56 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 23, 2016, 07:00:28 PM

..14 ?

It is a long dull story.  I'll take what I can get from my good Discus.  The important thing is that I see some with potential among the 14.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wallace on November 23, 2016, 07:22:02 PM
Would it work to put an extra sponge filter or 2 in the 29 to crowd them up a bit?

It doesn't look like I need to do anything.  The fish seem very comfortable.