• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 10:30:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 186
Total: 186

I may nave new dog

Started by LizStreithorst, November 10, 2016, 05:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

If I had been thinking straight I would have had the guy come to my shop to pick up his dog tomorrow.  Like I said,  I'm too naive.  I'll use my head in the future.

I don't have any Rotty's but I have a Chow.  He's a gentle dog but I've always had the feeling that he has the protective instinct.  He has never been in a position where it had to come out but I think it's in him.  I also have a Lhasa Apso mix who just about doesn't like anyone but me.  She would lay down her life for me but she would lay it down for nothing.  One swift kick would put her out of action.  All the other dogs just make a lot of noise when someone new drives up.

Little Studly jumped on the bed with the 4 other small bed sleeping dogs.  The night before I tried to lift him on the bed but he was having none of that!  It wasn't his idea.  It had to be his idea.  The little dude has really started bonding with me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

The time is 1:58.  No call from the owner yet.  I walked way up to the mail box with all the dogs this morning.  Studly follow along.  Then I discovered that I made a mistake and bought the wrong fitting to hook up the new air system.  I needed to go from 1" slip to 3/4" FPT.  The coupling I bought my mistake had threads on the outside.  I dug through my box of PVC couplings and I did not have the right thing nor could I find what I needed to make it.  I called Jack.  He didn't think he had it but he went out to dig through his box of PVC fittings.  I went to jump into Charlotte.  Studly was right by me.  I said, "OK, hop in".  He hopped right in and we drove to Jack's.  This is the first time he has hopped willingly into the truck. 

Studly finally feels like he and I belong together.  I pray the former owner never calls.

Rjb3

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I got a call from Oklahoma while I was finishing up the fish room job.  I didn't answer and Oklahoma didn't leave a message.

waterboy

He was calling to say he couldn't take care of him any more and why don't you just keep him for a while.  If he really wants him back you arrange pickup at the shop couldn't you?
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

I want to keep him forever!  I don't know what to do about those nuts of his.  He was down at April's place trying to get in the pen with her Basset bitch again this afternoon.  I'll take him to work with me tomorrow.  I'd like to give him a bath.  He trusts me now, but I know that it will be still be a rodeo.  He'll learn...

LizStreithorst

Pics

LizStreithorst

head shot

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

THE Mr. Studly...!  A good looking fellow, he is!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Bad news.  His owner just called from a local number.  I'll take the little man to work tomorrow and he will pick him up.  (or so he says.)

wsantia1

Sorry to hear that Liz. What kind of person that knows his missing pet was found would not go right over to pick it up. >:(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 15, 2016, 05:34:02 PM
Bad news.  His owner just called from a local number.  I'll take the little man to work tomorrow and he will pick him up.  (or so he says.)

...lisp ?
Jon