• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 10:26:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 187
Total: 187

I may nave new dog

Started by LizStreithorst, November 10, 2016, 05:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 13, 2016, 03:40:18 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 13, 2016, 03:36:16 PM
I wish this guy would call and come.  Studly has finally started feeling very comfortable here.  I think that it's because this is the first day I haven't had to leave him to go to work.  He even grabbed one of the dog toys and started running around teasing me to try to get it from him.

The guy was supposed to be in touch with me this afternoon.  I know that 3:30 is still afternoon, but it will be evening soon enough.  I won't allow him to come if it'll be after dark.  Something about this doesn't feel quite right to me.  I can't put my finger on it.

"The phony Oklahoma guy said that he was not Harley's owner, that he was calling for his owner because Tony, the owner has a bad lisp and is hard to understand over the phone."

....trust your gut....call Poncho if you have to....or need someone around when he comes by.....if the dog doesn't like him.....keep him.....imho

Definitely have someone around. It doesn't sound right to me either.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm not concerned about him not being the dog's owner.  The ex girl friend said the dogs name before I said it.  The dog will love him because dogs love their owners, period.

You're right.  I got the feeling after talking to the well spoken young man who is local but whose number comes up as Olahoma.  He said he does that because "it makes it harder for them to track you."  That was weird.

Unfortunately, I gave the well spoken young man my address.  I'm not used to being distrustful of people.  For me, it was all about Tony coming and getting his dog.

Jack and Judy put up a camera that sets off an alarm in their house between their house and their low life druggie grandson's house.  They'll know if anybody comes down my road.  I'll tell them my concerns tomorrow.  They're friends with Poncho, to.

I kept thinking that I was being paranoid but I've never been paranoid.  It's just not my style.  It's good to be told that is doesn't sound quite right to you.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

Call the girlfriend or Mom and ask if the guy has a lisp.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 13, 2016, 04:52:42 PM
Call the girlfriend or Mom and ask if the guy has a lisp.

Brilliant..... |^|...if ya get a straight answer....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I won't do that.  It's not my style.  I have Jack and Judy, and Poncho, and 8 dogs.  My bases are covered.

Who knows, perhaps Tony has decided that I can give the dog a better home than he can.  I hope so.  This is so strange.  If someone had found a dog of mine and had done everything to find me and them found me, I would rush right over for my dog.  It's almost dark and I have not gotten a call.

Rjb3

I hear ya. My style is to carry at least a .32 or two, a .44 if ya can fit it somewhere. You're pretty little so . . . . . Just kidding.

LizStreithorst

Let me tell you, My Captain, my veterinarian pleaded with me to get a gun.  Poncho thinks that I should have a gun.  I have never felt the need for a gun.  I don't want to feel the need for a gun.  What if I were to give up all hope and use it on myself?  That wouldn't be good.  I'll muddle on as I always have.

Rjb3

I won't plead with you. Guns have a way of making some people safe, yet others feel unsafe around them.

1) Guns are not for everybody.

2) You are way too smart to give up all hope and use it on yourself

3) I'm always available for a recommendation when you're ready

When I worked at the gun shop the standing question/joke was how many guns I was carrying that day. I've cut way down. LOL

Rjb3

Enough about guns.

Did ya hear from anybody yet?

LizStreithorst

No, but I did call Judy and tell her everything.  She thinks that I was stupid for giving the guy who is not from Oklahoma my address.  I guess she's right, but I did it out of innocence wfwf  She said that the alarm was on and she would call me.  She made sure that I had Poncho's number in my phone.   

I am making something of nothing.  I'm getting old, demented and fearful.  If getting old, demented and fearful isn't a good excuse for putting a gun to your head, what is? ;)

Rjb3

Don't make me come down there, Liz.

It would be perfectly normal to give your address to a guy picking up a lost dog.

You could call the fake Oklahoma guy and see what's up . . . . .

LizStreithorst

Thank you for the good advice, My Captain.  I called the guy.  He didn't answer.  I left a strong message on his voice mail saying basically, You told me that this would happen and it didn't happen.  What's up with that?

You don't need to come down here.  Don't tell, but my biggest reason for being fearless is that acting fearless when I am fearful is part of me.  It took me a while to figure out that when I acted fearless people who had no reason too fear me even feared me.  It was the strangest thing.  I'm sorry that I came across as fearful in my earlier posts.  It has never happened before and it will never happen again.

Rjb3

Thanks, Liz. I feel better.

My next advice you don't even need but, I'm giving it anyway. Keep the dog and don't call anybody. You did your best and you are right. If my dog were lost, I'd beat feet to wherever he/she was and get them.

Always remember, we're always here for any advice you may or may not need. LOL

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 13, 2016, 07:51:41 PM
Thanks, Liz. I feel better.

My next advice you don't even need but, I'm giving it anyway. Keep the dog and don't call anybody. You did your best and you are right. If my dog were lost, I'd beat feet to wherever he/she was and get them.

Always remember, we're always here for any advice you may or may not need. LOL

+1....and don't answer the call either......wait for a ph mssg....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 13, 2016, 08:06:54 PM
+1....and don't answer the call either......wait for a ph mssg....
+1 on the phone message...

I've sold a lot of stuff on CL and lately Offer Up...I have some concerns sometimes giving my address out and usually meet them in a public parking lot, like Costco or something....but I think that may be a little harder for you...

I'm like the others here...if he wanted his dog back he would have beat the path there...

Any of your dogs Rottweilers?

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron