• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 08:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 206
Total: 206

I may nave new dog

Started by LizStreithorst, November 10, 2016, 05:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'm not sure yet.  I hope so.  He's a cool little guy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'll keep trying to contact his owner.  There were three numbers on his collar.  Two are no longer working numbers and the third just rings forever and nobody picks up.

He was wary of me at first but he's come to trust me.  He's curled up beside my chair as I type.  He made a place for himself among my barking multitudes.  He's a looker, too.  His ears are what first turned me on.  They're like the ears of a French Bulldog.  He's built like a too tall Dachshund.  He is the most beautiful chocolate color with enough white places to set off  his unusual shade of brown.  And he's a hoot.  He is a very well endowed testosterone filled little man.  He was all about my girl dogs but they put him in his place.  It was funny.

I hope I get to keep him.  I'll keep trying to reach his owner through Sunday.  If nobody picks up the phone the dog will be mine.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 10, 2016, 06:55:46 PM
I'll keep trying to contact his owner.  There were three numbers on his collar.  Two are no longer working numbers and the third just rings forever and nobody picks up.

He was wary of me at first but he's come to trust me.  He's curled up beside my chair as I type.  He made a place for himself among my barking multitudes.  He's a looker, too.  His ears are what first turned me on.  They're like the ears of a French Bulldog.  He's built like a too tall Dachshund.  He is the most beautiful chocolate color with enough white places to set off  his unusual shade of brown.  And he's a hoot.  He is a very well endowed testosterone filled little man.  He was all about my girl dogs but they put him in his place.  It was funny.

I hope I get to keep him.  I'll keep trying to reach his owner through Sunday.  If nobody picks up the phone the dog will be mine.

....any pics of little 'studski' ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

No pics until I'm sure he is my dog. 

Studly almost got me into trouble today.  I stopped by Jack and Judy's house to pick up their daughter's dog for grooming.  When I came out of their house, studly was their waiting by my truck.  I hauled ass the rest of the way up my road and around the corner to the other road to the main road.  I thought that every thing was fine until I delivered the grooming dog back. 

They knew about this little guy because I spoke to Judy about him on the phone yesterday.  Jack and Judy had seen him after I drove off.  None of the others in the family gathering had.  Their daughter who lives close asked what my new guy looks like.  I started to describe him and she put her hands up by the sides of her face like dog bat ears.  I said, "yep, that's him".  She said that her 12 yrear old Bassett was in heat.  She said that her dog was in a pen but my dog was at her place.

After the visit and a glass of wine almost forced on me by Jack, I drove down to April's place to get my dog out of her life.  Studly was in the pen with the Basset bitch!  When I saw that I died a thousand deaths and phoned her and told her.  She said that was no big deal.  She tried to breed her bitch to another Basset when she was younger and she never took.  I was still worried until I noticed her little dog Boudroux... He has Pug and a lots of other stuff in him.  He is also all man.  He could also get in and out of the pen!  He is smaller than my guy but he could do it.  Dogs like Boudroux and Studly can find a way.

He's home now.  He has actually howled a few times.  None of my dogs howl and I have hound mixes!

I guess if I get to keep him I'll have to have his nuts wacked.  All my dog my other dogs are neutered.    I hate to have it done to my little man because his testosterone  is so much a part if his endearing personality.

I have an address for the owners.  They live in Pendorff.   Pendorff is about as as bad as it sounds.  It's just down the road a piece from my shop but it's a different world.  Perhaps all of the little community isn't as bad as the part I've seen.   I am going to have to drive to Studly's address tomorrow and ether talk to somebody or leave a note on their door.  I have to make myself jump through all the hoops to find the dog's real home before I can keep him.  A dog thief is worse that a chicken thief.

Mugwump

....he's quite the vagabond, eh  huh...........that 'wittle wascal'....LOLOLOL   
Jon

LizStreithorst

Good news.  A lady just picked up when I dialed the number on Studly's collar.  I asked her if she was missing a little dog.  She said,  "We ain't got no dog".  The only thing left to do is to take a picture of him and send it to the neighbor's daughter who does the Facebook thing.  She is better than I would like at finding people's missing dogs using social media.  If the owner doesn't appear I will have jumped through all the hoops there are to jump through and the little man will be mine.

Ron Sower

Sounds like ol' Studly's a HOOT!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Alas, I am on the trail of the owner.  The daughter of the lady who I spoke to this morning called.  She said, "That's Harley.  He's my ex boyfriend's dog.  She isn't sure how to contact him but she says she can track him down.  I'm sad, but the little dude really cheered me up when I needed a good cheering up.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 12, 2016, 12:23:26 PM
Alas, I am on the trail of the owner.  The daughter of the lady who I spoke to this morning called.  She said, "That's Harley.  He's my ex boyfriend's dog.  She isn't sure how to contact him but she says she can track him down.  I'm sad, but the little dude really cheered me up when I needed a good cheering up.

That's good news/bad news......... huh......perhaps he'll just say keep him?...the ex-girlfriend might have tossed studly out after the fight..?
Jon

LizStreithorst

That won't happen.  I told the lady that I'd be happy to buy the dog is the ex boyfriend doesn't want him back.    She said that the Harley followed her ex's every step.  That they adored oneanother.  It doesn't sound like she's mad at her ex.  They have just moved on in their separate directions.  She figures he is staying with a guy known as "Squirrel" who lives in Ellisville.

I know that Studly will be delighted to be reunited with his dad.  God will send me another dog when he's ready. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 12, 2016, 01:20:16 PM
That won't happen.  I told the lady that I'd be happy to buy the dog is the ex boyfriend doesn't want him back.    She said that the Harley followed her ex's every step.  That they adored oneanother.  It doesn't sound like she's mad at her ex.  They have just moved on in their separate directions.  She figures he is staying with a guy known as "Squirrel" who lives in Ellisville.

I know that Studly will be delighted to be reunited with his dad.  God will send me another dog when he's ready.

...sounds good for the pup......yup, another wanderer will find your doorstep I'm sure... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Studly's ex mom called me earlier.  We had a nice chat and made each other laugh about males and testosterone.

Just now I got a call from Oklahoma.  I never answer out of State calls.  They always want to sell me something.  Then Oklahoma left a voice mail.  He was a very well spoken polite young man calling about Harley.  I called him back.  I asked him about the Oklahoma phone number and he said "Well, it makes it harder for them to track you".  I didn't go into it.  I don't want to know.  This is about the dog.  The phony Oklahoma guy said that he was not Harley's owner, that he was calling for his owner because Tony, the owner has a bad lisp and is hard to understand over the phone.  Tony will call me tomorrow afternoon and come pick up Harley.

This entire story about this dog from the finding him to almost getting him back to his owner has been through all sorts weird of twists and turns.  If Tony will allow it I'll take a pic of Harley when they are reunited.

LizStreithorst

I wish this guy would call and come.  Studly has finally started feeling very comfortable here.  I think that it's because this is the first day I haven't had to leave him to go to work.  He even grabbed one of the dog toys and started running around teasing me to try to get it from him.

The guy was supposed to be in touch with me this afternoon.  I know that 3:30 is still afternoon, but it will be evening soon enough.  I won't allow him to come if it'll be after dark.  Something about this doesn't feel quite right to me.  I can't put my finger on it.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 13, 2016, 03:36:16 PM
I wish this guy would call and come.  Studly has finally started feeling very comfortable here.  I think that it's because this is the first day I haven't had to leave him to go to work.  He even grabbed one of the dog toys and started running around teasing me to try to get it from him.

The guy was supposed to be in touch with me this afternoon.  I know that 3:30 is still afternoon, but it will be evening soon enough.  I won't allow him to come if it'll be after dark.  Something about this doesn't feel quite right to me.  I can't put my finger on it.

"The phony Oklahoma guy said that he was not Harley's owner, that he was calling for his owner because Tony, the owner has a bad lisp and is hard to understand over the phone."

....trust your gut....call Poncho if you have to....or need someone around when he comes by.....if the dog doesn't like him.....keep him.....imho
Jon