• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 03:48:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 265
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 291
Total: 291

Daylight Saving time

Started by Mugwump, October 29, 2016, 08:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..is November 6th this year....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Can hardly wait.....  I'll be up at 4:00 instead of 5:00  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 30, 2016, 06:53:35 AM
Can hardly wait.....  I'll be up at 4:00 instead of 5:00  LOL

Dennis

LOL...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Wouldn't we be returning to Standard Time? huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 30, 2016, 07:36:45 AM

If we abandon DST...which time will we stay on... huh
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 30, 2016, 07:43:15 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on October 30, 2016, 07:36:45 AM

If we abandon DST...which time will we stay on... huh

I prefer Daylight Savings Time these days. When I was younger and enjoyed the night life it would be Standard Time. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

wallace

Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on October 30, 2016, 11:59:10 AM
Benjamin Franklin's Essay on Daylight Saving

http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/franklin3.html

..that's it !!!!!!!.....church bells rung, and cannons fired on every street as the sun rises......LOL...gotta save that candle wax |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on October 30, 2016, 12:35:31 PM
...gotta save that candle wax |^|

A penny saved is a penny earned.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 30, 2016, 05:16:54 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 30, 2016, 12:35:31 PM
...gotta save that candle wax |^|

A penny saved is a penny earned.

Dennis

Did you know that old Ben was quite a ladies man....and a jerk....?
Jon

LizStreithorst

He may have been a jerk to some.  I love him.  He was a great creative genius.  He was full of curiosity.  He had no problem saying  that human beings are nothing more than animals trying to act like we are on a higher plain.  Anyone who sends an article entitled "Fart Proudly" to the Acadamy of Science to poke fun of their holier than thou attitude is, in my book, deserving of great respect
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 30, 2016, 05:41:06 PM
He may have been a jerk to some.  I love him.  He was a great creative genius.  He was full of curiosity.  He had no problem saying  that human beings are nothing more than animals trying to act like we are on a higher plain.  Anyone who sends an article entitled "Fart Proudly" to the Acadamy of Science to poke fun of their holier than thou attitude is, in my book, deserving of great respect

...just because he was a jerk doesn't mean he wasn't smart.....but those types of articles such as "Fart Proudly" are examples of how difficult he was to work with most times. He wrote that, I believe, while he was the Ambassador to France. John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson, were working very hard to get recognition, and trade agreements, with Britain and France....the only source of borrowing funds, for the colony to sustain itself, was the bank in Amsterdam. Adams was also one of the founders of the 'Royal Academies for Science and the Arts'. So you can imagine the concern by the Congress of Franklin's actions having an effect that the new colony wasn't to be considered seriously. It was a delicate time in our nations history, we lacked trading partners, and the country was very nearly broke. Efforts to rein him in, he was very popular in France, were difficult, and only threats of recalling him finally toned him down ....he was after all as advertised....a drinking, womanizing, intellectual who lived life in the higher classes of the French aristocracy....and he took full advantage of all that it offered....the risk of losing this part of his life was worth seeing the light...and the lesson served him well in later years when he returned home to stay.   
Jon

wallace

"There are more old drunkards than old doctors."  -Poor Richard's
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on October 30, 2016, 07:41:04 PM
"There are more old drunkards than old doctors."  -Poor Richard's

...lol...likely
Jon