• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:07:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 320
Total: 320

Monday coffee

Started by Mugwump, October 24, 2016, 06:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....Morn'n all....coffee's very good this morning.....MMMmmmm....it's about 40 right now....mid 50's for the high today..the cooler weather is back...more rain tomorrow and Wednesday too..

A bit of fish room putz'n this morning, and then mowing/mulching out front....

....need more coffee now.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great. Weather is great. Tap water for water changes is lousy wfwf and I am on my way to DC. Will check in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 24, 2016, 07:14:34 AM
Coffee is great. Weather is great. Tap water for water changes is lousy wfwf and I am on my way to DC. Will check in later.

...Drive careful...........have a good trip  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I slept like a log last night.  A little stiff this morning but not bad.  I think I'll take it easy and just clean house and do fish stuff today.  I need to take the putrid bag of dead stuff up to the corner for the garbage men.  I opened the kitchen door to let the dogs out and the stink came wafting in.  Poor garbage men.  I'll have to leave them a tip to thank them for the pain and suffering I'll have put them through for taking the disgusting thing away.

Took my tip roast out of the fridge to let it come to room temperature before .  I could only force down a few spoonfuls of soup after dealing with the gross dead thing.  I'll be eating early.  Doesn't this look good?  http://theadventuresofbobandshan.com/sirloin-tip-roast/
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

A big wind started in the middle of the night. An old branch was raking itself across the roof like the fingers of a giant witch putting a spell on the house.

The power went out so I got to try out the new generator. It works, but I need to re-arrange the power strips so that next time I don't have to sort through the non-essential stuff like aging barrels and pH monitors and the heaters on the plant and filter tanks.

These beenie hats with the light on the forehead are great when the lights are out... if you can find them.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on October 24, 2016, 08:50:29 AM
A big wind started in the middle of the night. An old branch was raking itself across the roof like the fingers of a giant witch putting a spell on the house.

The power went out so I got to try out the new generator. It works, but I need to re-arrange the power strips so that next time I don't have to sort through the non-essential stuff like aging barrels and pH monitors and the heaters on the plant and filter tanks.

These beenie hats with the light on the forehead are great when the lights are out... if you can find them.

...truck stops have those lights that'll have a head band...fits hats, etc....
Jon

Mugwump

...dang, not warming up much here yet.....I really need to get the front mulched too....might even mow the back one last time also... huh

...but really feeling lazy tho....a nice nap sure sounds good  |^| ;D |^|
Jon

Mugwump

...everything looking nice and mulched.....somebody threw an energy drink can in the leaves.....mower shot that puppy almost all the way to the street....scared the snot out of me....LOL....ka wham... wfwf wfwf wfwf
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 24, 2016, 08:33:58 AM
I slept like a log last night.  A little stiff this morning but not bad.  I think I'll take it easy and just clean house and do fish stuff today.  I need to take the putrid bag of dead stuff up to the corner for the garbage men.  I opened the kitchen door to let the dogs out and the stink came wafting in.  Poor garbage men.  I'll have to leave them a tip to thank them for the pain and suffering I'll have put them through for taking the disgusting thing away.

Took my tip roast out of the fridge to let it come to room temperature before .  I could only force down a few spoonfuls of soup after dealing with the gross dead thing.  I'll be eating early.  Doesn't this look good?  http://theadventuresofbobandshan.com/sirloin-tip-roast/

...that does look yummy..... |^|
Jon

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on October 24, 2016, 03:42:31 PM
...everything looking nice and mulched.....somebody threw an energy drink can in the leaves.....mower shot that puppy almost all the way to the street....scared the snot out of me....LOL....ka wham... wfwf wfwf wfwf

Many years ago I sucked up an empty beer can in my blower vac while mulching someone's leaves. Made quite a racket so I shut it off and half a beer can dropped out. Didn't hurt the machine. I was surprised.

wsantia1

Back from DC. Weather was beautiful down there. Had a great lunch and then came home. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| It is windy and chilly here now. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.