• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:26:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 246
Total: 247

More fish room work

Started by LizStreithorst, October 19, 2016, 05:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on November 06, 2016, 06:37:04 PM
I see, you only have one set of valves. I hope it works.

..it'll go fine....likely need some valve/flow tweaking, but other than a few sponges blown off the bottom  ;)...all is good...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It'll work just fine, Dan.  I've learned to take time figuring out the best way to do fish room stuff.  This is air!  It's of greatest importance.  I took a long time for me to figure out the best way to do it so in case I screwed up I could get it working again.  I have taken a very long time putting it up.  I check myself a gizillion times at every step by taking a break and putting it on a back burner.  I want it to be clean like something a pro would do.  Mostly I want it to work perfectly the first time with no unfortunate surprises.   My carpenter could have done it with a helper in half a day, but I know how to do "simple" things like this myself (with a little help from my friends).

Mug, I know damn well that a few hours is nothing.  But what if everything were to turn to shit and the new stuff didn't work and I couldn't get the old system working?  I know that it won't happen.  I have so much stupid insecurity sometimes.  Other times I think I'm wonder woman huh
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on November 06, 2016, 06:40:06 PM
Quote from: wallace on November 06, 2016, 06:37:04 PM
I see, you only have one set of valves. I hope it works.

..it'll go fine....likely need some valve/flow tweaking, but other than a few sponges blown off the bottom  ;)...all is good...

Thanks for the vote of confidence. 

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't know if I pussied out or got lazy.  I put in some water valves that I'd been needing instead of finishing the air.  Later I shipped off a couple of fish.  Mostly, I just piddled around wfwf

Mugwump

I get days like that too...I go to do one thing..spot something else and then and up doing something entirely different from that too....DOH....but it all gets done eventually... |^|
Jon

wallace

Liz, did you ever get the air switched over? Wondering how it turned out.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on November 13, 2016, 06:19:03 PM
Liz, did you ever get the air switched over? Wondering how it turned out.

...good question.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I am ashamed.  I didn't want to do it on a work day because I was afraid I have not taken something into consideration and have to run to town while the fish had no air.  I thought I'd do it yesterday but I looked at the state of the house and decided I couldn't stand it any more.  I spent the day cleaning instead.

I'm finally at it now.  I have all the tanks on the top rack connected to the new system and I have bubbles galore.  I thought I'd smoke a ceegar and drink a beer before I cut air line and hook up the tanks on the bottom rack.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 14, 2016, 01:55:42 PM
I am ashamed.  I didn't want to do it on a work day because I was afraid I have not taken something into consideration and have to run to town while the fish had no air.  I thought I'd do it yesterday but I looked at the state of the house and decided I couldn't stand it any more.  I spent the day cleaning instead.

I'm finally at it now.  I have all the tanks on the top rack connected to the new system and I have bubbles galore.  I thought I'd smoke a ceegar and drink a beer before I cut air line and hook up the tanks on the bottom rack.

|^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|...congrats....nice work |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

All done.  I can tell that I have more air now.  I don't know that I'll have enough to put 9 sponges in my 3 150 gallon outside containers.  I'll find out when I set them up next summer.