• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 06:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 255
Total: 255

Double good day today

Started by waterboy, October 12, 2016, 07:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboy

I have a wholesale customer that buys fish from me.  He came today and bought a bunch of fish so now I have some empty tanks to work with.
But it gets even better..........
Today is the first day of the NHL Hockey season. First televised game is on right now.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 12, 2016, 07:37:51 PM
I have a wholesale customer that buys fish from me.  He came today and bought a bunch of fish so now I have some empty tanks to work with.
But it gets even better..........
Today is the first day of the NHL Hockey season. First televised game is on right now.

Go Blackhawks !!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm happy for you about the hockey.

Huge Congrats on the wholesale buyer.  I can't believe that he comes to you!  I have to meet mine at a pet shop 25 miles away.  The wholesaler saves my life when he buys a ton of small Angels.  He only pays $1.00 each for them but he buys 200 at a time.  That's good money for fish when you have no other market for them.  It opens a lot of tank space, too.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

He comes over with boxes and big bags. I take the potted plants and filters out of the tanks, hand him a net and he catches all the angels. I help out by catching some of the bristlenoses for him.  I don't get $1.00 each but I get enough to buy food to raise some more. The biggest benefit is the empty tanks so I have room to grow out more.  He sells Angels to all the fish stores around and sells a lot at the Chicago swap meets.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 13, 2016, 08:37:33 AM
He comes over with boxes and big bags. I take the potted plants and filters out of the tanks, hand him a net and he catches all the angels. I help out by catching some of the bristlenoses for him.  I don't get $1.00 each but I get enough to buy food to raise some more. The biggest benefit is the empty tanks so I have room to grow out more.  He sells Angels to all the fish stores around and sells a lot at the Chicago swap meets.

Is this Larry....?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Dale