• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:40:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 324
Total: 324

Hurricane update

Started by Barb, October 09, 2016, 03:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Well, it is almost gone finally.  Just some wind still left.  But sunny skies for the first time in days.  No damage to our 2 houses and yards, no flooding for us. But others not so lucky.  NC is in for days or weeks of river flooding.  We had 8-10" of rain in 2 days.  Others 15+  This was the longest lasting hurricane of all the many I have been through and one of the scariest.  The worst always hits us in the middle of the night.  But all is well for us now.
Barb

Mugwump

....'over and gone'......great news !! |^|   
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Ron Sower

Glad all is good, Barb!  My sis has a condo there somewhere back from the beach. She said they might go down today to check it out....they live outside of Richmond VA.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ilroost

Glad to see you made it thru ok

Barb

Thanks guys.  Now NC is being flooded by rivers with way too  much rain water in them.  We are above flood plains, but lots of other people are not.
Barb