• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:40:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 341
Total: 341

What's with the echo ??

Started by Mugwump, October 02, 2016, 05:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...in here??....keyboards busted  huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Hell, I'm here almost as often as you.  I've been preoccupied with thinking about Discus.  Angels are doing great.  Spawns all over the place wfwf
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Howdy Liz  |^|.....I've been playing with Sassy, and trying to watch both baseball and the Ryders Cup.....oh...got a short nap in there too.. |^|

I kept checking back, and thinking..."wow, we must all like baseball and golf?"   nyuk nyuk nyuk...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I started the day wanting to do my taxes.  The deadline for a late return is Oct. 15.  I took the box of receipts to the sun room table.  I separated 2016 receipts from 2015 receipts.  That's as far as I got. 

I put off all the things that I most hate doing until I get in to crisis mode.  I wish I could change, but I doubt I ever will.  The feeling of having the weight I impose on my shoulders suddenly lifted just because I got the despised thing done before I got into trouble is glorious.  I feel so light I think I could fly.  I'm the same way about going to the doctor.  I'm not afraid of them but I can't make myself go in for the normal things that women and old people should do.  Life would be easier for me if only I were more normal.

wsantia1

Hell, I've been on a whole bunch of time and usually was alone. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 02, 2016, 07:27:28 PM
I started the day wanting to do my taxes.  The deadline for a late return is Oct. 15.  I took the box of receipts to the sun room table.  I separated 2016 receipts from 2015 receipts.  That's as far as I got. 

I put off all the things that I most hate doing until I get in to crisis mode.  I wish I could change, but I doubt I ever will.  The feeling of having the weight I impose on my shoulders suddenly lifted just because I got the despised thing done before I got into trouble is glorious.  I feel so light I think I could fly.  I'm the same way about going to the doctor.  I'm not afraid of them but I can't make myself go in for the normal things that women and old people should do.  Life would be easier for me if only I were more normal.

..."normal"  huh  what is this word 'normal'  w!w =;-) w!w
Jon

wallace

Extreme laziness today. Took a nap, did some reading. It turned cold so I did have to go outside and split a few chunks of wood.

I think I'll move some fish around, I have one that needs to be isolated and starved and if that won't shrink its stomach down then maybe levamisole will. Or prazi. Or leva... LOL

Dan

LizStreithorst

Are you splitting wood for a nice fire or do you heat that big 'ole house with a wood furnace?   I sure hope it's for a nice fire.  My husband and I heated our house with wood.  When the cutting and splitting got to much for him he put in an electrical central unit.  He was old and he could no longer do it.  I did it for a few years myself.  It always pissed me off that it was so much easier for men than it was for me. I was strong! I finally figured out why.  Men are tall.  I'm 5'3".  They had more leverage and could take better advantage of gravity

wallace

We heat this drafty old house with wood alone. This fire is just for heat. I put an electric grid thing into the tile floor in the bathroom, it does a little, not much. You really have to take a big swing at oak... this is fir, it splits pretty easily.

I forgot to get propane, so its a good thing there is a fire. Ran out of propane right in the middle of cooking dinner. You know something? The propane bottle that is hooked up to the kitchen stove only runs out when you are cooking something! Its the damndest thing.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Not a good way to tell you're out of propane.  I can't believe you don't keep a spare bottle.

White oak splits nice and clean.  Red oak is a bitch to split.  All it's fibers are intertwined.  We don't have fir down south here.  My favorite wood to split it wild cherry.  It's almost a sin to burn it, it's such pretty wood, but it spits easily and cleanly.  It burns cleanly, too.  Very little ash...I maintain that it's easier for men to split oak is because they have more splitting power because being taller gives them advantage.

wallace

We do keep a spare bottle... its just empty. Its a good thing my wife has a sense of humor. When she can't find a measuring cup she starts looking around the fish tanks.

Dan

LizStreithorst

BallAquatics

https://youtu.be/arj7oStGLkU

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 03, 2016, 06:07:45 AM

Dennis

https://youtu.be/arj7oStGLkU

I wish I could be that funny talking about my procrastination.  I still haven't sat down to do my taxes but I accomplished something else that I've been putting off since Spring.

There is a live wire going to my destroyed Katrina house.  A tree fell on it.  It actually made the power poll lean over!  Potentially a very dangerous situation!  I didn't notice it until I checked the gas in my LP gas tank.  The tree which didn't fall down because of the wire is right over my LP gas tank.  Back in March when the gas man filled it last he left me a note saying that he wanted to move the tank closer to my good house but won't do it and won't fill it again because it's a dangerous situation.  I called the electric company and they said I had to drive to plum nearly to their office and sign something before they would take down the power line. 

It is now October.  The tank will have to be filled soon for the coming cold weather.  I finally drove to plum nearly and a lady made a work order for it.  I didn't have to sign a damn thing!