• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 02:21:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

Sta Isabel X Rio Negro fry

Started by Mugwump, September 15, 2016, 11:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Looking good.  |^| |^| |^| What are you feeding them? w!w w!w w!w
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 15, 2016, 11:57:43 AM
Looking good.  |^| |^| |^| What are you feeding them? w!w w!w w!w

..mostly flake varieties....earth worm, brine shrimp, and beef heart flakes...some blood worms occasionally...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Nice Dots!  Do you plan on breeding the worthless things?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 15, 2016, 01:02:54 PM
Nice Dots!  Do you plan on breeding the worthless things?

I've been looking for the perfect place for them.....yup, I think that we may give it a whirl.... |^|...pretty things  8)
Jon

LizStreithorst

If you do it all they need is a 20 with a sponge.  They prefer little surface agitation so turn the air down for them.  They really adore floating plants for breeding under.

Do as I say, not as I did.  Feed most of their fry to your Angels.  The Dots have a multitude of kids and you can't give them away.  People just don't care for them huh  Perhaps I can see what's wonderful about them when normal people can't huh

(sorry I focused more on your worthless Dots than on your fancy Angels :()

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 15, 2016, 02:16:03 PM
If you do it all they need is a 20 with a sponge.  They prefer little surface agitation so turn the air down for them.  They really adore floating plants for breeding under.

Do as I say, not as I did.  Feed most of their fry to your Angels.  The Dots have a multitude of kids and you can't give them away.  People just don't care for them huh  Perhaps I can see what's wonderful about them when normal people can't huh

(sorry I focused more on your worthless Dots than on your fancy Angels :()

...yeah, have my eye on moving things around to free up a 20gal...some plants and duckweed, etc...
Jon

phorty

Jon, I promised when I saw you at a swap recently that I'd post up my beauties (same breeding line I believe) I got from you and I'm finally getting to it!

I got these 5 guys back in October of 2014.  I then sold them in March of 2015, then I got them back this past January.  They are quite happy in their 90 gallon!  Here's a bunch of photos from the past several months....

Mugwump

Those are great shots...thank you for popping them up.....the sta Isabel crown combined with those bold stripes of both phenotypes is unmistakable...the round bodies...gorgeous...

I just noticed, the other day, while viewing the forum calendar ..that your birthday is coming up on Monday.....it's the same date as our oldest son, Michael....he'll be 43 yrs old...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Excellent fish and beautiful tank.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

phorty

Thanks all!  And yes my birthday is coming up.  Jon, your son has 7 years on me!

Here are a few more shots while I'm at it.  They spent the majority of their upbringing with discus and I have a few in there right now, not sure if I want to get back into them or not, we will see.  Their presence seems to bring out the stripes of the angels more:

Mugwump

It sure does.....must make them more comfortable?...
Jon

Mugwump

...any signs of spawning behavior....spawns?
Jon

phorty

I thought the stripes showing was indicative of stress.  At least that is the case with discus.  Is the opposite true for Angels?

Never had any spawns from these guys.  I actually prefer it that was as I want peace in the tank.  In the past I have had angels and discus spawning regularly, actually surprised these guys haven't.