• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:42:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 330
Total: 330

Auction tomorrow!

Started by BallAquatics, March 22, 2013, 01:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I'm going down to the Greater Cincinnati Aquarium Society spring auction tomorrow.  I don't imagine that they will have any really cool Danios so I thought I'd shop for some Plecos.

If you could have a breeding group of any type Pleco, what would you want???  I've been looking at all the L-Numbers over at Planet Catfish and have picked out a few favorites, but I though it would be interesting to see what everyone else would pick.

Dennis

Mugwump

I'd like some Zebras , of course....and some Super Red's....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I like the L201. I have a pair but I think there females. Also the zebra I would love a pair of them.
Scott

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on March 22, 2013, 02:13:30 PM
....and some Super Red's....

Jon, do you mean the Super Red bristlenose, or the L025 Super Red Scarlet Pleco???

Quote from: b125killer on March 22, 2013, 05:14:04 PM
I like the L201.

? JJPhoto

WOW! I like those too, very pretty!

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I'm going to have to make a list.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

The one shown. I think it's called a galaxy loosely. I like that one. Long finned SR Bn's. The chocolate calicos Gibbs had on AB were nice. My mouse misfunctioned and I could not avert the sniper. #%$@##$$ 'er. He hee. BLNT. I have Green tigers I hope those will do well and LF polka dots, I'll have LF Red and cream marble calicos at the swaps. I think I would stay away from the Zebras because I see the market crashing on me as soon as I get some. Might be getting tough to get some of the undescribed L cats with the Brazilians closing it down and now our guys getting weird too. I have to look into some. I like them all too.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

b125killer

Here is a pic of my L201 I'm sure that it's a female. Males have more pronounced odontodes on the  pectoral fin. Females are wider around the middle of the body. I got My L201 over a year ago and they were less than a inch long. It takes a long time to grow them to breeding age. Now I want to find a mature male.
I think I'm with Frank about the Zebras. Plus they cost way more than I want to spend.
Scott