• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 05:58:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 220
Total: 220

Oceanic Aquariums

Started by Ron Sower, September 11, 2016, 10:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

The 55g tank I had to leave behind was 36" long and was made by Oceanic and had a beautiful stand with dark glass doors on 3 sides. So the place I have for a tank now would be a perfect fit. So I'm searching online for the company and who sells their products down here and cannot find the company, tank, or pet stores that carry them. All I can find are cubes and treatment chemicals and don't know if this is the same company.

Does anyone know anything about them?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 11, 2016, 10:11:44 PM
The 55g tank I had to leave behind was 36" long and was made by Oceanic and had a beautiful stand with dark glass doors on 3 sides. So the place I have for a tank now would be a perfect fit. So I'm searching online for the company and who sells their products down here and cannot find the company, tank, or pet stores that carry them. All I can find are cubes and treatment chemicals and don't know if this is the same company.

Does anyone know anything about them?

George lives in Phoenix, he might know... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

I THINK Oceanic was bought out by someone, maybe All-glass or Perfecto,whoever the parent company of those is.
Don't know if they are still making them.
I will see if i can find it online.

ghonk

Aqueon and Marineland make 36'' long larger tanks,about 18'' wide and 65 gallons.
Probably not stocked by a shop,but likely can be ordered.

ghonk

Marineland tank size chart.
36'' X 18'' X 24'',65 GALLON.

pdf tank size link
http://www.marineland.com/Products/glass-aquariums-and-tanks/standard-rectangular-freshwater-saltwater-aquariums.aspx

Aqueon tank size chart.
Approximately 36'' X 18'' X 25''.65 GALLON.

http://www.aqueonproducts.com/products/standard-aquariums.htm

wallace

I would call or stop by a reef store in Phoenix. It seems like they sell mostly acrylic but they might know where to get a higher quality glass tank... or maybe order one in.
Dan

Ron Sower

Great input! Thanks so much for the help. I will have to restructure my thinking and design ideas as we begin building out our expanding room.! I really appreciate this - especially Greg's input!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron